Lanco Infratech selects Juniper for IT infrastructure
Lanco Infratech (LITL) selected Juniper Networks to provide a complete campus and data centre network infrastructure for the new head office of its Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) division in Gurgaon.
“We spent six months in carrying out a detailed evaluation of proposals from various leading network vendors and system integrators before selecting Juniper,” said Ajay K. Dhir, Group CIO, Lanco Infratech.
He adds that the company now has an extremely robust 10 Gbps network core with an upgrade path up to 100 Gbps; a carrier-grade access network with seamless security across the wired and wireless segments; and a compelling improvement in total cost-of-ownership.
By deploying the Juniper Networks Simply Connected portfolio, which includes switching, wireless LAN, security and management devices, Lanco EPC can improve business performance with a new high-performance, highly secure, reliable and manageable network, said a press release
The new centre can accommodate up to 2,000 staff, and a data centre that supports SAP enterprise management systems, resource-intensive heavy construction design applications and unified communications.
“We are pleased that Juniper Networks has been selected by another fast-growing business group in India with our open, scalable and secure wired-less solution being recognized as the network of choice for campus deployments,” said Ravi Chauhan, Managing Director, India and SAARC, Juniper Networks
Lanco EPC has built a strong reputation for executing large projects, particularly in the power sector. Lanco Infratech is one of India’s largest independent power producers, with 3,892 megawatts installed generating capacity which it aims to increase to 15,000 megawatts by 2015.
- Verizon Selects AWS As Preferred Cloud Provider
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- How AI Can Disrupt Recruitment Process
- AI, Machine Learning, Cognitive Computing - Learn These Or Perish
- DHL eCommerce Selects FarEye To Boost Brand Image
- Brocade Branches Out SDN Controller Into Lumina
- YouTube Aims To Double User Base In India
- Sharing Economy To Reach Over $40 Bn By 2022: Study
- CDN: An Essential Tool For Seamless Content Delivery
- 3 Factors For Evaluating CDN For Your Business