Latest Ubuntu desktop edition offers 3 yr support
Canonical has announced that the upcoming release of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Desktop Edition (code name Lucid Lynx), the latest version of its Linux desktop distribution, will include three years of support with free security and maintenance updates. It will be available for free download on Thursday 29 April and will be pre-installed on a range of machines from a number of manufacturers in the coming months.
The desktop edition of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS will feature extensive design work, faster boot speed, social network integration, online services and the Ubuntu One Music Store.
"Ubuntu 10.04 LTS challenges the perceptions of the Linux desktop, bringing a whole new category of users to the world of Ubuntu," said Jane Silber, CEO, Canonical. "Changes like the new look and feel and the addition of a music store, layered on top of our relentless focus on delivering an intuitive and attractive user experience for new and existing Ubuntu users — these are the bridging elements to the mainstream market that our community, our partners and our users really want. Long-term support makes Ubuntu 10.04 LTS very attractive to corporate IT as well."
"Ubuntu is a world class operating system and Ubuntu 10.04 is a big leap forward," said Arun Khanna, Chairman Olive Telecommunication.
Olive has announced that it will offer its customers Olive Zipbook V-x108 featuring Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook Edition.
- Security Flaws Threaten Virtually All PCs, Phones
- Education IT Spending In APAC To Cross $11.8 Bn By 2020
- SHAREit Crosses 1 Bn Users; Bullish On India Market
- New App Launched To Know Everything About GST
- Will the GST Produce 2% Higher Growth Rates?
- Malware Targeting Linux On The Rise, Shows Study
- E-Learning Can Bridge the Gap Between Skilled And Unskilled
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (May 15-20)
- Is The Future Of Workplace Remote?
- Freecharge Looks To Charge Up With New CEO, COO