Lenovo Appoints Rahul Agarwal As India MD
PC and smartphone major Lenovo has appointed Rahul Agarwal as the Managing Director of Lenovo India with immediate effect. Agarwal took over the charge from Amar Babu, who will now take over as Chief operating Officer (COO), Lenovo, Asia Pacific and Chairman of Lenovo India.
“Rahul Agarwal takes charge at a time, when Lenovo is gearing up for its next phase of growth, diversifying beyond PCs into the smart connected devices while maintaining a strong PC focus,” said the company in a statement.
Read an exclusive interview with Rahul Agarwal on CXOtoday: Thriving In A ‘PC-Plus’ Era
Terming India is an extremely critical market for the company, Lenovo said, “Rahul’s extensive and multi-functional experience will help in continued growth and increased contribution to Lenovo’s global success.”
“Rahul’s wealth of experience has been instrumental in driving Lenovo’s growth and making him the natural choice to take over from Amar Babu,” said Roderick Lappin, President, Asia Pacific, Lenovo.
In his previous role in the company, Agarwal has been the Executive Director, Commercial & Enterprise Business, Lenovo India, heading the Commercial Business since April 2011.
Read more: Lenovo Aims At Being No 1 in Server Market
Prior to Lenovo, Rahul was associated with IBM’s PCD (PC Division). Post the acquisition of IBM’s x86 server business in 2014, Lenovo’s Commercial Business also includes the server division. Combining the strengths of its PC and EBG (Enterprise Business Group) teams, the Commercial business is now known as Integrated Named Commercial Business, with Agarwal at the helm.
Over the last three years, Rahul Agarwal has led the Lenovo’s commercial business successfully and has managed several roles in sales and marketing over his last 10 years stint with the company at Lenovo’s global marketing hub in Bangalore. He holds a management degree from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Creating Men As Allies In Gender Diversity Programs
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report