Lenovo India gets new marketing head
PC maker Lenovo has appointed Bhaskar Choudhuri as head of marketing for its Indian operations. Prior to joining Lenovo, Choudhuri was working at Cadbury India as Associate Vice President - Marketing.
In his new role as Director- Marketing, Choudhuri would be responsible for managing three key segments, including consumer, enterprise and SMB, according to a company statement.
The statement further said that the primary mandate will be to protect or retain Lenovo’s equity in the relationship segment and increase the company’s brand preference in the consumer and SOHO segments. He will also devise strategies for the company’s digital leap to increase affinity with Gen X consumers.
“Choudhuri has played a significant role in managing a leading FMCG brand. We are certain that his rich experience will enhance our brand image significantly,” Lenovo India Managing Director Amar Babu said, commenting on Choudhuri’s appointment.
Choudhuri has joined Lenovo with over 13 years of diverse experience in sales and marketing, primarily in the FMCG space. “It is exciting to be associated with one of the leading personal computer players of India. Moreover, the shift from a leading FMCG brand to an established technology brand is quite thrilling. Despite the fact that both segments are diverse, leveraging the youth connect remains a common factor,” he said.
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- Here's How Tambo Is Bridging India's Mobility Gap
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools
- India Among Top 5 Countries Generating E-Waste
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- India Opens Second IT Corridor In China