Lenovo India gets new marketing head
PC maker Lenovo has appointed Bhaskar Choudhuri as head of marketing for its Indian operations. Prior to joining Lenovo, Choudhuri was working at Cadbury India as Associate Vice President - Marketing.
In his new role as Director- Marketing, Choudhuri would be responsible for managing three key segments, including consumer, enterprise and SMB, according to a company statement.
The statement further said that the primary mandate will be to protect or retain Lenovo’s equity in the relationship segment and increase the company’s brand preference in the consumer and SOHO segments. He will also devise strategies for the company’s digital leap to increase affinity with Gen X consumers.
“Choudhuri has played a significant role in managing a leading FMCG brand. We are certain that his rich experience will enhance our brand image significantly,” Lenovo India Managing Director Amar Babu said, commenting on Choudhuri’s appointment.
Choudhuri has joined Lenovo with over 13 years of diverse experience in sales and marketing, primarily in the FMCG space. “It is exciting to be associated with one of the leading personal computer players of India. Moreover, the shift from a leading FMCG brand to an established technology brand is quite thrilling. Despite the fact that both segments are diverse, leveraging the youth connect remains a common factor,” he said.
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study