Lenovo India gets new marketing head
PC maker Lenovo has appointed Bhaskar Choudhuri as head of marketing for its Indian operations. Prior to joining Lenovo, Choudhuri was working at Cadbury India as Associate Vice President - Marketing.
In his new role as Director- Marketing, Choudhuri would be responsible for managing three key segments, including consumer, enterprise and SMB, according to a company statement.
The statement further said that the primary mandate will be to protect or retain Lenovo’s equity in the relationship segment and increase the company’s brand preference in the consumer and SOHO segments. He will also devise strategies for the company’s digital leap to increase affinity with Gen X consumers.
“Choudhuri has played a significant role in managing a leading FMCG brand. We are certain that his rich experience will enhance our brand image significantly,” Lenovo India Managing Director Amar Babu said, commenting on Choudhuri’s appointment.
Choudhuri has joined Lenovo with over 13 years of diverse experience in sales and marketing, primarily in the FMCG space. “It is exciting to be associated with one of the leading personal computer players of India. Moreover, the shift from a leading FMCG brand to an established technology brand is quite thrilling. Despite the fact that both segments are diverse, leveraging the youth connect remains a common factor,” he said.
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- Ericsson Forecasts 1 Billion 5G Subscriptions By 2023
- 5 Things To Expect If Bitcoins Are Legalized In India