Lenovo Now Leads India's 4G Smartphone Market
Lenovo has reportedly emerged as the biggest 4G smartphone brand in India according to IDC, with a whopping 29.4 percent market share of the 4G smartphone market. Lenovo has aggressively priced its 4G LTE smartphone portfolio, with over a million 4G devices sold during Q2, 2015.
More than 3.5 million 4G smartphones have been sold in India in Q2 (AMJ) 2015. According to IDC’s Asia-Pacific Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker, Q2, 2015, Lenovo is the fifth largest smartphone brand with 4.4 percent share of the Indian smartphone market in Q2 2015. It is said to have gained success with 4G smartphones like the A6000, A7000, A6000 Plus and now the K3 Note.
According to a statement by the company, Lenovo has seen phenomenal growth this year with 3.3 times increase in sales in Q2 2015-16 as compared to sales in the corresponding quarter last year. In addition, the overall the shipment of smartphones to India has increased by 44 percent as compared to the same time period last year. IDC has also reported that 26.5 million smartphones were shipped to India during Q2 2015.
Sudhin Mathur, Director, Smartphones, Lenovo India said, “India is one of the most important growth markets for Lenovo smartphones. We have been at the forefront of technology ahead of time and created a niche in the market with a robust portfolio of 4G smartphones. We will continue to lead the technological curve and introduce more innovative, future-proof devices and expand our reach in Tier II and Tier III cities across the country.”
The Chinese handset maker, which acquired US handset brand Motorola from Google last year, said last week its plans to contract manufacture smartphones in partnership with its global partner Flextronics from its Chennai facility.
Sales of 4G handsets in India are expected to spur this year with a number of telcos joining the 4G bandwagon. Market research firm GfK forecasts sales of 4G handsets will increase to 7 percent of total smartphone sales in India.
- Users Wary Of Making Purchases Through Smartwatches: Report
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Creating Men As Allies In Gender Diversity Programs
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report
- India Needs To Invest More On R&D