Lenovo Now Leads India's 4G Smartphone Market
Lenovo has reportedly emerged as the biggest 4G smartphone brand in India according to IDC, with a whopping 29.4 percent market share of the 4G smartphone market. Lenovo has aggressively priced its 4G LTE smartphone portfolio, with over a million 4G devices sold during Q2, 2015.
More than 3.5 million 4G smartphones have been sold in India in Q2 (AMJ) 2015. According to IDC’s Asia-Pacific Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker, Q2, 2015, Lenovo is the fifth largest smartphone brand with 4.4 percent share of the Indian smartphone market in Q2 2015. It is said to have gained success with 4G smartphones like the A6000, A7000, A6000 Plus and now the K3 Note.
According to a statement by the company, Lenovo has seen phenomenal growth this year with 3.3 times increase in sales in Q2 2015-16 as compared to sales in the corresponding quarter last year. In addition, the overall the shipment of smartphones to India has increased by 44 percent as compared to the same time period last year. IDC has also reported that 26.5 million smartphones were shipped to India during Q2 2015.
Sudhin Mathur, Director, Smartphones, Lenovo India said, “India is one of the most important growth markets for Lenovo smartphones. We have been at the forefront of technology ahead of time and created a niche in the market with a robust portfolio of 4G smartphones. We will continue to lead the technological curve and introduce more innovative, future-proof devices and expand our reach in Tier II and Tier III cities across the country.”
The Chinese handset maker, which acquired US handset brand Motorola from Google last year, said last week its plans to contract manufacture smartphones in partnership with its global partner Flextronics from its Chennai facility.
Sales of 4G handsets in India are expected to spur this year with a number of telcos joining the 4G bandwagon. Market research firm GfK forecasts sales of 4G handsets will increase to 7 percent of total smartphone sales in India.
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- Ericsson Forecasts 1 Billion 5G Subscriptions By 2023