LG To Partner Indian Telcos For Smart Appliances
Electronics major LG is looking for partners among telecom operators in India to bring up its smart appliances connected with Internet of Things (IoT) technology. The company is slowly moving ahead to introduce its appliances equipped with features such as LG HomeChat and SmartThinQ with which users can operate home appliances with a smartphone connected through the internet.
Partnering with the telecom operator will address the need for a network provider for LG to connect with different appliances in a household. “We are prepared for smart homes and IoT-related products; but this is not a standalone device,” PTI quoted LG Electronics India Managing Director KIm Ki-Wan.
The concept of smart appliances being a complete driven by solution and service, it functions with devices that are connected through the internet, he added.
“The device is simple, it only needs a protocol interface. That is why, I will be meeting the head of a telecom service provider tomorrow to discuss this,” he added.
The names of the telecom operators have not been disclosed yet. The partnership will happen depending on how close it can come to helping consumers.
In advanced markets such as South Korea and the US, Kim said telecom operators have taken the lead in offering IoT services, for consumers to subscribe plans according to their needs.
LG HomeChat allows users to receive notifications about status of progress of activities like washing, cooking etc. on the smartphone and can be operated and controlled accordingly.
While SmartThinQ help users control connected home appliances from anywhere.
- E-Learning Can Bridge the Gap Between Skilled And Unskilled
- Future Of Online Healthcare In India By 2050
- India Now Has 50K Positions Open For Analytics Jobs: Study
- Google Search Engine Is Also Employment Engine Now
- BlackBerry’s ‘Enterprise of Things’ To Enhance How We Work
- Flash: An Enabler For IT Transformation In India
- Democratizing Education With Personalized Online Tutoring
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jun 12-16)
- Self Service Set To Change Dynamics Of Data Analytics
- There's No Stopping India's Online Fashion Boom