LG To Partner Indian Telcos For Smart Appliances
Electronics major LG is looking for partners among telecom operators in India to bring up its smart appliances connected with Internet of Things (IoT) technology. The company is slowly moving ahead to introduce its appliances equipped with features such as LG HomeChat and SmartThinQ with which users can operate home appliances with a smartphone connected through the internet.
Partnering with the telecom operator will address the need for a network provider for LG to connect with different appliances in a household. “We are prepared for smart homes and IoT-related products; but this is not a standalone device,” PTI quoted LG Electronics India Managing Director KIm Ki-Wan.
The concept of smart appliances being a complete driven by solution and service, it functions with devices that are connected through the internet, he added.
“The device is simple, it only needs a protocol interface. That is why, I will be meeting the head of a telecom service provider tomorrow to discuss this,” he added.
The names of the telecom operators have not been disclosed yet. The partnership will happen depending on how close it can come to helping consumers.
In advanced markets such as South Korea and the US, Kim said telecom operators have taken the lead in offering IoT services, for consumers to subscribe plans according to their needs.
LG HomeChat allows users to receive notifications about status of progress of activities like washing, cooking etc. on the smartphone and can be operated and controlled accordingly.
While SmartThinQ help users control connected home appliances from anywhere.
- GDPR Law Boosts Cyber Security Jobs in India: Study
- What's The Future Of Electric Vehicles In India
- How To Solve India's Acute E-Waste Crisis
- We See New Opportunities In India's Enterprise Market: Zendesk CEO
- 850 Mn Internet Users To Boost India's Digital Economy
- AMD To Woo Enterprises With New Line Of Processors
- More Commercial Blockchain Activities In 2019: Deloitte
- Virtual Reality Is Reshaping India's Real Estate Industry
- India's Smartphone Market To See Double-Digit Growth In 2018: IDC
- Making Communication Convenient for Rural India