LinkedIn launches LinkedIn Today, delivers industry-specific news
LinkedIn, a professional network, today released the beta of LinkedIn Today, a product that surfaces the top headlines and stories being shared the most across multiple industries by its trusted network of professionals. The application allows members to access their professional news through three different lenses – by their connections, industry, and the broader global professional network, stated the company.
“LinkedIn Today provides our members with a quick and easy way to digest trending news gleaned from the collective wisdom of 90 million professionals – what they are reading, what they are sharing, and what they are saying,” commented Deep Nishar, SVP, product and user experience, LinkedIn.
Members will also have the ability to customize their application experience by ‘following’ up to 22 industries (Real estate, etc) or ‘follow’ specific news sources (Financial Times to Mashable). The app also offers a top sources section that recommends news sources that have integrated the LinkedIn Share button on their websites (Bloomberg.com, CNN Money). The networking site further informed that, members will have the ability to tweet trending news to their Twitter account, and post it to a LinkedIn Group and email it directly to their existing LinkedIn connections.
The product also features StumbleUpon content tailored to each industry that will include content recommended by the community. he company also announced LinkedIn’s iPhone application v3.6. The latest version of the application, can be downloaded from iPhone app store.
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- AWS re:Invent Bets On Machine Learning To Outdo Rivals
- 5 Ways Data Will Get Faster, Smarter: NetApp CTO
- How E-Commerce Can Deliver Exceptional Experiences
- How Shalimar Paints Is Weaving Its Digital Story
- The Enterprise Gains From Micro Frontend
- Cisco-ver 2: Fixing Spokes While The Bicycle Is In Motion
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Nov 6-11)
- SDN-NFV: The Game Changers In Indian Telecom sector