LinkedIn launches LinkedIn Today, delivers industry-specific news
LinkedIn, a professional network, today released the beta of LinkedIn Today, a product that surfaces the top headlines and stories being shared the most across multiple industries by its trusted network of professionals. The application allows members to access their professional news through three different lenses – by their connections, industry, and the broader global professional network, stated the company.
“LinkedIn Today provides our members with a quick and easy way to digest trending news gleaned from the collective wisdom of 90 million professionals – what they are reading, what they are sharing, and what they are saying,” commented Deep Nishar, SVP, product and user experience, LinkedIn.
Members will also have the ability to customize their application experience by ‘following’ up to 22 industries (Real estate, etc) or ‘follow’ specific news sources (Financial Times to Mashable). The app also offers a top sources section that recommends news sources that have integrated the LinkedIn Share button on their websites (Bloomberg.com, CNN Money). The networking site further informed that, members will have the ability to tweet trending news to their Twitter account, and post it to a LinkedIn Group and email it directly to their existing LinkedIn connections.
The product also features StumbleUpon content tailored to each industry that will include content recommended by the community. he company also announced LinkedIn’s iPhone application v3.6. The latest version of the application, can be downloaded from iPhone app store.
- How Does The CEO Become A CEO?
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular
- Govt Projects To Drive India's Networking Market: IDC
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- 10 Reasons That Make SMS A Powerful Marketing Tool
- How To Avoid And Mitigate Risk Of Fake News
- Quality Assurance In Multi-Channel Banking Era