LinkedIn Redefines Its Content Strategies In India
LinkedIn , the world’s largest professional networking site has announced major expansion plans in India. In a bid to increase its user based in the country, which is the second biggest market for LinkedIn outside US, the company has announced to redefine its content strategies and focus on the SMEs and startups in India.
India is the second-biggest market LinkedIn outside the US with about 35 million members out of a total of 433 million. As part of its expansion plans in India, the company recently inaugurated new office in Bangalore. which it claims to be the biggest in Asia. Located in Global Technology Park on Outer Ring Road, it is spread over 220,000 sq ft office in three floors and has the capacity to house about 800 employees.
“We are concentrating mostly on recruiting, marketing, allowing companies to not only find the talent they need but also to advertise their products and services to other people. We are also concentrating on sales solutions, which allows businesses to identify sales leads and then successfully engage them to help them grow”, Linkedin co-founder Allen Blue said told Economic Times.
LinkedIn launched LinkedIn Placements in India to boost its user base among students in the country in November 20145. LinkedIn Placements aims to make it easier for graduating students across the country to find their first job and for placement officers and recruiters to manage campus placement initiatives.
The company is also focusing on localizing content to increase its reach in the non-metroes. The company is expected to introduce premium services & new products for the SMEs and Startup users.
“We are always looking at startups as partners to work with; startups that add value to our customers,” Blue said.
LinkedIn is also exploring ways to work with low speed internet connectivity in India which will help it increase its user base in the country. “We are focusing on it to ensure the site loads on 2G speed and users are able to sign in quickly,” country manager Akshay Kothari said.
- Accenture, Israel Consulate And Nasscom launch 'scalerator'
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- Here's How Tambo Is Bridging India's Mobility Gap
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools
- India Among Top 5 Countries Generating E-Waste
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson