Linksys Announces VoIP iPhone Family
Linksys, a division of Cisco Systems, has unveiled the iPhone family of VoIP solutions.
iPhone handheld devices uses Internet to enhance voice communications, have compelling information services, and deliver access to multimedia.
“Linksys iPhone voice solutions and products enable compelling internet services, allow consumers to know when their contacts are available for calls, and offer access to personal content like music, movies and live video cameras,” claims Mike Pocock, senior vice president and general manager, Linksys.
The iPhone product family includes products like the Wireless-G IP Phone (WIP330) integrated in the SIP VoIP protocol. Consumers can use WIP330 to access music, photos, and streaming video from sources on the Internet so that they combine the product with wireless video cameras like the Linksys Wireless-G Compact Video Camera (WVC54GC), to create a home monitoring solution.
The iPhone Dual-Mode Internet Telephony Kit for Skype (CIT400) embeds the communications client into a cordless phone base station attached directly to the home network via Ethernet, making it easy to place calls to other Skype users, mobile phones, or landlines without turning on a computer.
Since 2004, the company has shipped more than 3 million VoIP products including seven phones in its iPhone product line immediately available in the US:
* Cordless Internet Telephony Kit - CIT200
* Dual-Mode Internet Telephony Kit - CIT300
* Dual-Mode Cordless Phone for Yahoo! Messenger with Voice - CIT310
* Dual-Mode Internet Telephony Kit for Skype - CIT400
* Wireless-G IP Phone - WIP300
* Wireless-G IP Phone with Web Browser - WIP330
* Wireless-G Phone for Skype - WIP320
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- 10 Questions To Ask Your Cloud Vendor Encryption Solutions
- Role Of Technology In Transforming HR
- 10 Signs Your Analytics Program Will Fail
- Information Management Can Drive Digital Transformation Effort
- Keep Security At The Heart Of Digital Strategy: Unisys
- Which AI Is Best For Customer Engagement, Revenue Generation
- Nine Ways To Ensure Cloud Security In Your Organization
- India’s 4G Feature Phone Segment To Touch 40 Mn: Report