Listen to radio on a non-FM mobile
Reliance Media World’s radio division 92.7 Big FM has entered into a partnership with a large telecom VAS provider, OnMobile Global, to launch the radio experience on the mobile platform. For the first time in India, Big Mobile Radio will give mobile users the option to listen to 17 multi-lingual specially programmed channels anywhere in India. This service will also be available in select global markets including Malaysia, Singapore, UAE, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Indonesia which have large Indian communities.
This service will enable the Big Mobile Radio experience to go from 45 cites to over 4500 cities and towns including rural areas in an ad-free format. Apart from reaching a new audience, this service will allow users to listen to their favorite programmed channels regardless of their location. For example, even a Tamil listener in Mumbai will be able to listen to native-language programming on Big Mobile Radio.
Leveraging the radio station’s programming expertise, Big Mobile Radio will create special feeds for mobile listeners which include an assortment of entertainment options to select from and allows consumers to enjoy songs, Bollywood entertainment, jock talk, humor, health tips and more.
Speaking on the occasion, Rabe. T. Iyer, business head, allied businesses, Reliance Media World said, "We are extremely excited to join hands with the leaders in M-Vas, OnMobile. This partnership only strengthens 92.7 Big FM’s endeavor to grow radio audiences both within India and the world over. Our effort is to reach radio to the deepest pockets of India, while growing the Indian diaspora overseas, giving them the flavor of radio from back home."
Sanjay Uppal, President and COO, OnMobile, said, Using our innovations in technology we are happy to re-shape the radio medium from being a city-centered service to a global service accessible on any mobile. OnMobile is ushering in a new experience by removing the geographic barriers to accessing content. "
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Encouraging More Women Into Tech Leadership Roles
- Creating Men As Allies In Gender Diversity Programs
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report