Listen to radio on a non-FM mobile
Reliance Media World’s radio division 92.7 Big FM has entered into a partnership with a large telecom VAS provider, OnMobile Global, to launch the radio experience on the mobile platform. For the first time in India, Big Mobile Radio will give mobile users the option to listen to 17 multi-lingual specially programmed channels anywhere in India. This service will also be available in select global markets including Malaysia, Singapore, UAE, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Indonesia which have large Indian communities.
This service will enable the Big Mobile Radio experience to go from 45 cites to over 4500 cities and towns including rural areas in an ad-free format. Apart from reaching a new audience, this service will allow users to listen to their favorite programmed channels regardless of their location. For example, even a Tamil listener in Mumbai will be able to listen to native-language programming on Big Mobile Radio.
Leveraging the radio station’s programming expertise, Big Mobile Radio will create special feeds for mobile listeners which include an assortment of entertainment options to select from and allows consumers to enjoy songs, Bollywood entertainment, jock talk, humor, health tips and more.
Speaking on the occasion, Rabe. T. Iyer, business head, allied businesses, Reliance Media World said, "We are extremely excited to join hands with the leaders in M-Vas, OnMobile. This partnership only strengthens 92.7 Big FM’s endeavor to grow radio audiences both within India and the world over. Our effort is to reach radio to the deepest pockets of India, while growing the Indian diaspora overseas, giving them the flavor of radio from back home."
Sanjay Uppal, President and COO, OnMobile, said, Using our innovations in technology we are happy to re-shape the radio medium from being a city-centered service to a global service accessible on any mobile. OnMobile is ushering in a new experience by removing the geographic barriers to accessing content. "
- AI, Automation Disrupting Real Estate: JLL India CEO
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- Social Commerce: The Next Big Thing In Payment?
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Do Customers Trust Brand Sites More Than Social Media?
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens