Logica gets CMMI SVC Level 3 appraised in Asia-Pac
Logica has had its services operations in India and Philippines appraised to be operating under Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) for Services (SVC) Model at Level 3. This appraisal covers the company’s Infrastructure Management, Business Process Outsourcing and Application Management Service lines.
This is also the first instance under the CMMI SVC model wherein operations spread across two countries were a part of a single appraisal. The evaluation and appraisal activities were carried out by KPMG advisory services.
With this appraisal, Logica, which is a UK-based business and technology service company, has become the first company in the Asia Pacific region and only the second software services company in the world to be appraised under the CMMI Services model at Level 3. "The successful appraisal under CMMI Services model is important for our
clients as it demonstrates the maturity of our processes. This process
maturity offers our clients benefits including standardization of
process and service capability, predictability as well as cost
benefits," said Abhay Gupte, CEO, Logica India.
Prior to the CMMI SVC appraisal, Logica’s centers in Bangalore and Chennai have been appraised for CMMI for Development (DEV) model. While the CMMI DEV model addressed development processes, it does not include ’services’ such as Application Management Shared services (including bespoke and enterprise applications), Infrastructure Management and BPO. CMMI for Services helps service provider organizations reduce costs,
improve quality, and improve the predictability of schedules.
- Lack Of Integrated Tools Leads To Project Failure: Study
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- Smart City Mission: Tier II-III Cities Take the Lead
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- Cyber GCCs In India At The Cusp Of Transformation
- 10 Questions To Ask Your Cloud Vendor Encryption Solutions
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018