Logica gets CMMI SVC Level 3 appraised in Asia-Pac
Logica has had its services operations in India and Philippines appraised to be operating under Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) for Services (SVC) Model at Level 3. This appraisal covers the company’s Infrastructure Management, Business Process Outsourcing and Application Management Service lines.
This is also the first instance under the CMMI SVC model wherein operations spread across two countries were a part of a single appraisal. The evaluation and appraisal activities were carried out by KPMG advisory services.
With this appraisal, Logica, which is a UK-based business and technology service company, has become the first company in the Asia Pacific region and only the second software services company in the world to be appraised under the CMMI Services model at Level 3. "The successful appraisal under CMMI Services model is important for our
clients as it demonstrates the maturity of our processes. This process
maturity offers our clients benefits including standardization of
process and service capability, predictability as well as cost
benefits," said Abhay Gupte, CEO, Logica India.
Prior to the CMMI SVC appraisal, Logica’s centers in Bangalore and Chennai have been appraised for CMMI for Development (DEV) model. While the CMMI DEV model addressed development processes, it does not include ’services’ such as Application Management Shared services (including bespoke and enterprise applications), Infrastructure Management and BPO. CMMI for Services helps service provider organizations reduce costs,
improve quality, and improve the predictability of schedules.
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector
- Women Hold Just 1 in 5 Sales Leadership Positions
- Women Hold Just One in Five Sales Leadership Positions
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool