Logitech reaches for Clouds, Mobile Devices
LifeSize, the videoconferencing division of Logitech, has entered two new markets of videoconferencing. These will cover mobile video and cloud-based services.
Traditional enterprise high definition (HD) video conferencing and telepresence products have been very expensive, and require significant investments in infrastructure.
“They are often pretty complex to use and difficult to deploy; and they tend to be incompatible with mobile devices and systems from other providers,” says Casey King, Chief Technology Officer, LifeSize.
The company is aiming to address these issues and make video conferencing simpler to deploy.
Logitech acquired Mirial, an Italian company last month that provides personal and mobile video conferencing solutions. With this acquisition, Logitech’s LifeSize unit will be able to broaden its portfolio and offer an interoperable, enterprise video conferencing software solution for distributed desktop and mobile users. The solution will be compatible with PC, Mac, iOS (Apple’s mobile operating system) and Android devices.
Mirial’s products will be added to LifeSize’s product range and will not be re-branded. “Mirial will benefit from our channel community who will take their products to the market,” says King.
The cloud-based HD videoconferencing service is aimed at businesses that have yet to take a plunge into the telepresence and desktop videoconferencing space.
“There are many users who lack CAPEX and IT capability to deploy this service. This will serve as a good alternative for them,” says King.
LifeSize will be rolling out a private beta of the service in the next few weeks. It’s expected to become globally available in the third quarter of this year.
- 5G To Drive Internet Of Things Adoption
- Paytm Partners With Wipro For Payments Bank Business
- Vikrant Khorana Joins JunoTele As Chief Business Officer
- Helpdesks And The Paradox
- Tata Group To Enter Wearable Biz
- This Virtual Health Assistant Aims At Increasing Longevity
- 'People First' Businesses Will Win; The Rest Don't Matter
- IBSFINtech Revitalizes Corporate Treasury Management
- By 2021 IoT To Account For 28% Of Wireless Connectivity
- CyberX, Check Point Partner To Secure Industrial Networks