LogMeIn and ARM jumpstart Internet of Things
Collaboration between two companies based on either side of the Atlantic will set the ball rolling for the commercialisation of the Internet of Things. US-based LogMeIn, Inc. today announced its collaboration with Cambridge, UK, ARM for the commercial development on the Internet of Things (IoT), based on the former’s Xively Jumpstart Kit and ARM mbed platform.
The IoT market, which is predicted to generate between $1.2 trillion1 and $14.4 trillion2 in revenue and represent over one trillion connected objects by 20203, has captured the imagination of businesses and consumers around the world.
With ARM mbed for product development, combined with LogMeIn Xively Cloud Services, developers and businesses can focus on their own innovations rather than on infrastructure and platforms.
“ARM is increasing opportunities for innovation across the Internet of Things with easy-to-use platforms and standards that accelerate the creation of low-power, end-to-end solutions,” said John Cornish, executive vice president and general manager, System Design Division, ARM. “LogMeIn’s Xively Jumpstart Kit harnesses ARM mbed to support the development of new IoT products.”
“The Internet of Things signifies the next major wave of the Internet, one that we believe could even eclipse both the web and mobile waves combined, and presents a massive opportunity for businesses that want to create a new generation of compelling connected products. In order to make this happen, they need a simple, affordable way to experiment and innovate through a platform that will enable them to seamlessly move from prototype to commercial product, and then scale as demand grows,” said Michael Simon, CEO of LogMeIn. “By working with vendors like ARM, we can deliver a powerful, easy way for companies to jumpstart their IoT-based connected products and turn them into reality.”
- Google To Work On Its Own Blockchain Technology
- Using New Techniques To Combat Cyber Threats
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- By 2025, Digital Transactions To Reach $1-Tn Annually: Report