LogMeIn brings remote access capabilities to Android tablets
LogMeIn (NASDAQ: LOGM) recently unveiled a new version of remote access app, LogMeIn Ignition, for Android tablets. The app is designed to take advantage of Android tablets like the Samsung Galaxy Tab, stated the company.
“The growing popularity of tablets has introduced new demand for utilizing the capabilities of a user’s PC or Mac, while also benefiting from the mobility and flexibility benefits derived from tablets. LogMeIn Ignition for Android offers a best of both worlds approach, blending mobility with performance,” commented Andrew Burton, VP, Access & Management, LogMeIn.
The app for tablet and/or Android smartphone users include capabilities like Wake-On-LAN, remote sound and multi-monitor support. According to the company, once the app is purchased and downloaded from the Android Market or the Verizon V CAST app store, a single instance of the app can be used across any of a user’s supported Android devices (i.e. multiple smartphones and tablets).
It enables users to access and control PCs or Macs directly from a mobile device or tablet, providing easy access to files, data and applications, informed the company.
The ignition for Android app can be downloaded from Google’s Android Market and the Verizon V CAST market for a one-time charge of $29.99. The update is freely available to existing ignition for Android owners.
- India's Top 10 Innovative Companies For 2018
- India's Digital Consumer Spending Still Nascent: Google-BCG
- 4G Smartphones Sees 14 pc Growth In India: IDC
- Google’s India Initiative Speak Volumes About India's Booming Internet Base
- Chinese Smartphones Move To Top 5 Global List, Courtesy India
- Google India Rolls Out Campaign To Protect Data, Devices
- Google, L&T Team Up For 150 Hotspots In Pune
- 7 Trends Driving IT Transformation In India
- Are We Waiting For A Bigger Cyber Attack To Strike In 2018?
- Security Flaws Threaten Virtually All PCs, Phones