LogMeIn launches Rescue - support for Android tablets, smartphones
LogMeIn (NASDAQ: LOGM), recently released of LogMeIn Rescue, thus extending its focus on supporting mobile consumers and workers for Android tablets and smartphones. The Android features build on Rescue’s mobile capabilities, also include support for iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, Symbian, and Windows Mobile devices.
“By working closely with our mobile and OEM customers, we’ve created a new version of LogMeIn Rescue that is now shipping on many of today’s most popular tablets and smartphones to provide Android users with a highly efficient customer support experience,” informed Lee Weiner, VP, Support Products, LogMeIn.
The capabilities are available in two versions– one for mobile operators and device manufacturers, which introduces the ability to remotely control customer devices, over the air, directly from a computer, The other version for businesses, designed for IT helpdesks provides the ability to remotely support Android tablets and smartphone users.
The company further informed, both include a dashboard that clearly displays device information, the ability to transfer files between the technician and the end user’s device as well as an ability to chat with a user. Remote control capabilities will initially be available only on the operator/OEM version.
Demonstrations of the new capabilities can be seen at LogMeIn’s product blog, or by visiting the LogMeIn booth and the Google booth at Mobile World Congress 2011. The company stated that, Rescue-enabled Android devices are expected to ship in the first half of 2011. Rescue is currently used by mobile operators, including Orange, Telstra, Telus, Telenor, as well as five U.S. operators, to support to their remote users and customers.
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content: CTO
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- 10 Reasons That Make SMS A Powerful Marketing Tool
- How To Avoid And Mitigate Risk Of Fake News
- 8 Out Of 10 Shopping Apps Have Security Flaws: Report
- More Commercial Blockchain Activities In 2019: Deloitte
- Making Communication Convenient for Rural India
- NetApp Launches DVEC To Empower Customers, Partners