LogMeIn launches Rescue - support for Android tablets, smartphones
LogMeIn (NASDAQ: LOGM), recently released of LogMeIn Rescue, thus extending its focus on supporting mobile consumers and workers for Android tablets and smartphones. The Android features build on Rescue’s mobile capabilities, also include support for iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, Symbian, and Windows Mobile devices.
“By working closely with our mobile and OEM customers, we’ve created a new version of LogMeIn Rescue that is now shipping on many of today’s most popular tablets and smartphones to provide Android users with a highly efficient customer support experience,” informed Lee Weiner, VP, Support Products, LogMeIn.
The capabilities are available in two versions– one for mobile operators and device manufacturers, which introduces the ability to remotely control customer devices, over the air, directly from a computer, The other version for businesses, designed for IT helpdesks provides the ability to remotely support Android tablets and smartphone users.
The company further informed, both include a dashboard that clearly displays device information, the ability to transfer files between the technician and the end user’s device as well as an ability to chat with a user. Remote control capabilities will initially be available only on the operator/OEM version.
Demonstrations of the new capabilities can be seen at LogMeIn’s product blog, or by visiting the LogMeIn booth and the Google booth at Mobile World Congress 2011. The company stated that, Rescue-enabled Android devices are expected to ship in the first half of 2011. Rescue is currently used by mobile operators, including Orange, Telstra, Telus, Telenor, as well as five U.S. operators, to support to their remote users and customers.
- What's BitLocker’s Role In Encryption And Compliance?
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- 6 Key Trends For Artificial Intelligence Powering The Investment Sector
- Focus On Visibility To Prevent Cyber Threat, Says Skybox Exec
- Shaping The Future Of Education Through Technology
- Enhancing User Experience With Hi-Tech Retail Outlets
- AI-ML Is Taking Travel To The Next Level
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- How AR-VR Is Changing The World Of Advertising
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes