Lotus F1 team gets networking solutions to improve efficiency
Lotus F1 Team generates and logs in excess of 15 Mb of data per lap, per car, per race; just under 1,000 statistics per lap are calculated and presented back to race engineers; each race weekend generates in excess of 50 GB of data. In 2012 Lotus F1 Team moved more than 4.5TB of data across the world.
Juniper Networks has come up with a solution that can solve issues for Lotus F1. They have built a mission-critical network infrastructure using Juniper’s portfolio of switching, security, wireless LAN, routing and application software solutions to improve flexibility and enhance performance.
“Grand prix racing is literally a fast-moving enterprise, with a highly-competitive, success-driven culture. Trackside conditions are particularly challenging, with heat, dust, vibration and the need to build and tear down a reliable, secure network infrastructure quickly in a new location every couple of weeks or so. We are very excited by the prospect of Juniper’s technology operating in this environment and playing a part in Lotus F1 Team’s 2013 campaign and beyond,” said Sean Dolan, senior vice president, EMEA, Juniper Networks
Additionally, Lotus F1 Team has deployed Juniper QFabric technology in its two datacenters to flatten the network architecture to reduce latency and improve performance, creating a mission-critical, carrier-class private cloud environment. The Local Area Network (LAN) connectivity across Lotus F1 Team’s headquarters campus in Oxfordshire, U.K. also provides high performance and has the ability to power data intensive functions for the company such as research, development, and design suite etc.
Network performance is key to Lotus F1 Team, and Juniper is able to provide security solutions to ensure fast, reliable performance while maintaining the highest levels of data privacy and protection. Additionally, to ensure ease of management, long-term flexibility and return-on-investment, Junos which is Juniper’s single operating system allows for routing, switching and other security elements.
- Cisco-ver 2: Fixing Spokes While The Bicycle Is In Motion
- SDN-NFV: The Game Changers In Indian Telecom sector
- Building Intelligent Security Into Your Network
- 5 Reasons For Cos To Use Business Centres For Office Spaces
- Unlocking The Business Value Of Internet of Things [Infographic]
- Six Focus Areas For Business Success
- Sharing Economy To Reach Over $40 Bn By 2022: Study
- SDN Tipped As The Next Game-Changer In India
- Integrated IT Systems To See Large-Scale Adoption In India: Gartner
- Digisol Will Continue To Promote “Make in India”