Low-Cost Bilingual POS Solution Launched
Modular Infotech Pvt. Ltd., has launched Smart-Bazaar, a comprehensive multi-user point of sale (POS) solution ideal for supermarkets, small retailers, garment shops, departmental stores and mini marts.
The solution offers a complete front-end billing, which is vertically integrated with a back-end accounting system. This enables a shop or a bazaar to do its accounting as well as full inventory management replete with numerous MIS reports.
Speaking about the key features to CXOtoday, R. R. Joshi, joint managing director, Modular Infotech, said, “The Smart-Bazaar standard version is a multi-user solution that can provide up to four billing stations without any expensive database server as back-end. In other words, smaller retail outlets do not need to spend heavily on back end systems, which results in tremendous cost savings.”
“Meanwhile, the higher end enterprise version that uses MS-SQL server at back-end can provide more billing stations and is targeted at larger retail entities,” added Joshi.
The second key feature is the language aspect. According to Joshi, all the interfaces can be changed from English to one selected Indian language (currently Marathi, Hindi, Gujarati) and vice-versa. Moreover, even the reports can be generated in English as well as the Indian language too.
Apart from being fully bar code enabled, it also supports higher-end bulk sticker printers. The software can operate from a beginner level (for a small retail shop) upto a multi-branch bazaar with several POS Terminals.
However, while supermarkets and large departmental stores are big users of technology, how will this solution be adopted among smaller retail outlets, given their traditional outlook?
Says Joshi, “The mindset among smaller retail outlets is changing. With the mushrooming of malls everywhere, they have realized that in order to withstand competition they have to increase their levels of service and bring it on par with other providers. And this is evident by the amount of inquiries we have received from the smaller players.”
- Online-Offline Channel Mix Leads To India's Smartphone Growth: IDC
- Online Retailers Seek Inventory Accuracy To Remain Relevant: Study
- Enhancing User Experience With Hi-Tech Retail Outlets
- Digital Spending In Retail To Grow By $118 Bn By 2022: Zinnov
- Using Cloud To Empower SMB Innovation
- Smart City Mission: Tier II-III Cities Take the Lead
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- India’s 4G Feature Phone Segment To Touch 40 Mn: Report
- How E-Tailers Can Gain From Online Flash Sales
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air