Lowe's Appoints Ex-Sony Exec To Lead India Operations
Global retail giant and home appliance company Lowe’s, that is constantly strengthening its technology infrastructure in the past quarters, has now roped in IT veteran Narayan Ram as the company’s Managing Director for India, where he will be responsible for overall strategy and operations.
Ram joins Lowe’s from Sony, where he served most recently as head of Sony’s Global Delivery Center for IT and Processes in India. He brings over two and a half years of experience in IT/ITES to the company.
Ram who will report to Lowe’s Chief Financial Officer Robert F. Hull, will lead the company’s customer support center in Bangalore that had been set up to expand the Company’s analytics and technology functions in an area with critical access to a rich talent base.
“Ram’s experience building and leading a world-class service delivery team will help Lowe’s further its transformation to an omni-channel retailer with advanced web search, mobile and social systems,” explained Hull. “His ability to integrate world-class business practices and technology platforms will further our ability to rely on data-driven analysis to inform business decisions.”
In his new role, Ram will build a highly collaborative team to support data-driven analytical and technical functions. He will work with partners across the global organization to apply the power of analytics and technology to the Lowe’s business to ensure customers can engage with Lowe’s whenever and however they need support and inspiration for home improvement projects.
The retailer has always been bullish on technology, in the past few years, recruiting IT professionals, in areas such as including business analysis, engineering, communications network, ecommerce, application development, program management and project management. Lowe’s has been investing in its technology infrastructure as the company continues to develop a technology portfolio that can seamlessly support the operations worldwide.
- Adobe Acquires Cloud Marketing Firm Marketo
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- Talent-Mobility Gap Drives Talent Away: Study
- IT Veteran Shyam Ramamurthy Joins Goals101 As Chief Product Officer
- Five Tips for Building An 'Inclusive Workplace'
- Firms Keen On Hiring Techies With Soft Skills, Says LinkedIn
- EdTech, FinTech To Transform Job Skilling In India: Experts
- How IoT Is Disrupting The Logistics Sector
- Tech Is The Future of Employee Onboarding, Says Study