LPU partners with IBM to upgrade IT infrastructure
Lovely Professional University (LPU), a Punjab based university with presence in North India and several other parts of the country has recently announced its plan to upgrade its hardware infrastructure to ensure efficient and optimized business performance. As part of its IT upgrade initiatives, the university has partnered with IBM and installed the vendor’s BladeCenter solution including IBM Blade Server HX 5 and Blade Center H chassis.
Since 2006, the University was using 30 servers from IBM and HP and was keen on an infrastructure to run the Campus ERP application - University Management System. “We needed a solution that would ensure efficient and optimized performance at any given point,” said Ashok Mittal, Chancellor, Lovely Professional University.
To meet the university’s need for a reliable and secure hardware infrastructure, IBM installed 14 bays of the BladeCenter solution which includes the IBM Blade Server HX 5 and Blade Center H chassis to ensure optimized performance at all times. The newly secured hardware infrastructure has now enabled the University to streamline their entire business process for which the University is heavily dependent on their ERP application called University Management System.
According to Mittal, the offering is reliable, allows ease of management while being cost-effective as well as scalable for future requirements. The university already gained reputation for excellence in teaching, learning and administration with a state-of-the-art IT infrastructure. The quality of teaching excellence and management demanded the need to upgrade existing hardware infrastructure and have a solution in place that was not only reliable and cost effective, but also was highly scalable to meet our subsequent demands while ensuring optimized energy-efficient performance, he said.
“The education sector is thriving, as universities are rapidly beginning to realize the value addition technology and innovation play in this space today. We are working closely with a lot of universities across the country to improve and evolve IT skills to provide the best technical expertise,” said Jyothi Satyanathan, Director, Mid-Market and Inside Sales, IBM India & South Asia.
- NEET 2019 To-Do List: From Application Form To Result
- What's BitLocker’s Role In Encryption And Compliance?
- Research Reveals AI Is Creating More 'Human Friendly' Workplaces
- Is There A Weak Link In Your Encryption Strategy?
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- Firms Keen On Hiring Techies With Soft Skills, Says LinkedIn
- Lack of Skills Raising Demand for IT Security Services
- Blockchain Revolutionizing Global Media Entertainment Industry
- SUSE Builds Momentum With New Offerings, Market Expansion
- How UST Global Tackles Cyber Threats Head-On