L&T Infotech Lands Large Indian Railways Projects
L&T Infotech said it has won two turnkey ERP projects for computerising the maintenance of rolling assets of the Indian Railways.
The company will deploy the ERP software and the underlying hardware required for automating the maintenance of the two major rolling assets of the Indian Railways — the wagon fleet and diesel locomotives.
The projects include installation and commissioning, and multi-year ongoing support of hardware and systems in the implementation. The work involves establishing central data center infrastructure, providing LAN at three sheds. It also includes supply, installation and commissioning of hardware and networking equipment.
L&T Infotech will install servers, network equipment, close circuit camera systems, touch screens and RFID-based kiosks for the employees.
Execution of these projects involve creation of two centralised ERP-based applications:
- Freight Maintenance Management (FMM) for management of freight/wagon depots, and
- Loco-Shed Management System (LMS) for management of diesel locomotive sheds
"We are happy to be associated with these two projects which are of critical importance to Indian Railways. These breakthrough System Integration projects reaffirm L&T Infotech’s position of pre-eminence when it comes to execution of large complex projects," said Sudip Banerjee, CEO, L&T Infotech.
In addition, a portal-based, custom-built application module will also be developed to provide specified functionalities to users at headquarters, divisions, Railway Board, etc. These proposed application modules are also planned to be integrated with the existing Freight Operation Information System (FOIS) of the Indian Railways.
- Poor Router Security Makes Indians Vulnerable To Cyber Attacks
- Cloud Is Critical For Driving Semicon Industry's Growth
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Is There A Weak Link In Your Encryption Strategy?
- Businesses Should Educate Consumers On AI For Smarter Outcome: Study
- Multi-Factor Authentication Can Mitigate Password Risks: Study
- Five Tips for Building An 'Inclusive Workplace'
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- Lack of Skills Raising Demand for IT Security Services
- Blockchain Revolutionizing Global Media Entertainment Industry