L&T Infotech Lands Large Indian Railways Projects
L&T Infotech said it has won two turnkey ERP projects for computerising the maintenance of rolling assets of the Indian Railways.
The company will deploy the ERP software and the underlying hardware required for automating the maintenance of the two major rolling assets of the Indian Railways — the wagon fleet and diesel locomotives.
The projects include installation and commissioning, and multi-year ongoing support of hardware and systems in the implementation. The work involves establishing central data center infrastructure, providing LAN at three sheds. It also includes supply, installation and commissioning of hardware and networking equipment.
L&T Infotech will install servers, network equipment, close circuit camera systems, touch screens and RFID-based kiosks for the employees.
Execution of these projects involve creation of two centralised ERP-based applications:
- Freight Maintenance Management (FMM) for management of freight/wagon depots, and
- Loco-Shed Management System (LMS) for management of diesel locomotive sheds
"We are happy to be associated with these two projects which are of critical importance to Indian Railways. These breakthrough System Integration projects reaffirm L&T Infotech’s position of pre-eminence when it comes to execution of large complex projects," said Sudip Banerjee, CEO, L&T Infotech.
In addition, a portal-based, custom-built application module will also be developed to provide specified functionalities to users at headquarters, divisions, Railway Board, etc. These proposed application modules are also planned to be integrated with the existing Freight Operation Information System (FOIS) of the Indian Railways.
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Adobe Announces Aadhaar Integration in Adobe Sign
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Cognitive Computing: An Essential Science In HR
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study
- Enterprises See Gap In IoT-ERP Integration: Study
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- How UP Dial 100 Is Changing the Way Police Do Business