L&T Infotech Launches LTE UE Protocol Stack
Leveraging its vast experience in wireless technologies like CDMA, UMTS, EVDO, WLAN and WiMax, L&T Infotech has developed 3GPP release LTE (Long Term Evolution) UE (User Equipment) protocol stack (Ver.08).
The solution comprises Access Stratum and Non Access Stratum (NAS) layers as defined by 3GPP standards.
The LTE UE stack is compliant to March ‘09 3GPP Release 8, LTE specifications,.and the design is modular to accommodate further releases of the Release 8 Standard.
"L&T Infotech believes that LTE is the clear evolutionary path for existing technologies of 3GPP origin and also for 3GPP2, CDMA technology for meeting the IMT-Advanced requirements. Hence, L&T Infotech is committed to provide products and solutions to reduce time-to-market of LTE devices to operators, OEMs and chipset manufacturers," said Sudip Banerjee, chief executive officer, L&T Infotech.
"L&T Infotech’s LTE UE stack product enables our customers access to LTE protocol implementation, with proven test compliance to 3GPP-defined test suites. The LTE UE stack supports different UE categories based on the form factor and target platform. Extensive diagnostic and configuration tool of the LTE UE stack provides comprehensive view of the stack behaviour with statistics of data packets flow across L2 layers, QoS Parameter fine tuning, RSSI, CINR measurements, and logging facility," said Isaac Sundarajan, executive vice president of Product Engineering Services at L&T Infotech.
The implementation is agnostic of underlying operating system and hardware. The data plane (MAC, RLC and PDCP) is extensively tested for all 8 Data Radio Bearers (DRBs) at UE simultaneously, with both Tx and Rx path configurations for various combinations of UM and AM mode. The Control Plane (RRC and NAS) supports L2/L1 configurations, bearer establishment, cell selection and mobility procedures, the company said in a release.
- Govt Projects To Drive India's Networking Market: IDC
- Is It Curtains For Brand RCom Post Aircel Merger?
- IT Networking Market In Q2 Grows 10.5 pc Over Last Year: IDC
- For Businesses, Getting Digital-Ready Is The Only Option
- L&T Partners With Coupa For Cloud Management Solutions
- Be Proactive & Ask For Recognition
- Digitization Helps Ch'garh Govt Deliver Citizen Services Efficiently
- 500 Mn Plus Internet Users In India By 2016 End: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- How MP Govt Saved Rs 10 Crore Yearly On Its IT Infrastructure
- The Essentials of Disaster Recovery Planning