L&T makes Shankar Raman CFO, elevates Y M Deosthalee as L&T Finance CMD
Larsen and Toubro, India’s largest engineering firm has elevated R. Shankar Raman to be the new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) effective September 6, succeeding Y M Deosthalee who will become chairman and managing director of unit L&T Finance Holdings.
Raman, currently the Senior Vice President, Finance and Legal will also join the L&T Board effective October. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant in May 1983 and became a Graduate of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India in 1986.
Over the past 29 years of professional work experience, Shankar Raman has worked for leading listed corporations in varied capacities in the field of finance.
His portfolio covers a wide range of critical functions such as Finance & Treasury, Corporate Accounts, Taxation, Insurance, Risk Management, Legal, and Investor Relations. He is on the Board of several companies including international subsidiaries within the L&T Group. He is also a member of Western India Regional Council of Confederation of Indian Industries.
- TalentSprint Sees More Potential Of Blockchain In Fintech
- Why Financial Sector CIOs Should Get On Top Of Machine Learning
- Direct Co-ordination With CEO Can Maximise Cyber Security
- What Lies Ahead For India's Fintech Sector?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Jan 29-Feb 2)
- Why Are Telcos Disappointed With Budget 2018
- Budget 2018: What's In Store For Renewable Energy Sector?
- The Mysterious Affair At The Ministry Of Finance
- Global Blockchain Market To Reach $9.6 Mn By 2024: Report
- Can Budget 2018 Offer Respite To Tech Sector?