L&T makes Shankar Raman CFO, elevates Y M Deosthalee as L&T Finance CMD
Larsen and Toubro, India’s largest engineering firm has elevated R. Shankar Raman to be the new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) effective September 6, succeeding Y M Deosthalee who will become chairman and managing director of unit L&T Finance Holdings.
Raman, currently the Senior Vice President, Finance and Legal will also join the L&T Board effective October. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant in May 1983 and became a Graduate of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India in 1986.
Over the past 29 years of professional work experience, Shankar Raman has worked for leading listed corporations in varied capacities in the field of finance.
His portfolio covers a wide range of critical functions such as Finance & Treasury, Corporate Accounts, Taxation, Insurance, Risk Management, Legal, and Investor Relations. He is on the Board of several companies including international subsidiaries within the L&T Group. He is also a member of Western India Regional Council of Confederation of Indian Industries.
- Social Media Usage Among Financial Regulators On The Rise
- Over 50% CMOs Feel They Aren't Fairly Compensated
- Consumers Don’t Trust Retailers On Data Safety
- ING Vysya Bank Selects Mindtree As Digital Partner
- New Cybersecurity Practices Need Heightened Collaboration: RSA Chief
- BSNL, MTNL Set For A Major Revival
- Why Is Dell Pushing For Growth In India?
- IBM Helps Financial Services Firm Transform IT Systems
- Budget Promises Accelerated Growth of SME Sector
- Budget 2014: Key Highlights For Indian IT