L&T makes Shankar Raman CFO, elevates Y M Deosthalee as L&T Finance CMD
Larsen and Toubro, India’s largest engineering firm has elevated R. Shankar Raman to be the new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) effective September 6, succeeding Y M Deosthalee who will become chairman and managing director of unit L&T Finance Holdings.
Raman, currently the Senior Vice President, Finance and Legal will also join the L&T Board effective October. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant in May 1983 and became a Graduate of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India in 1986.
Over the past 29 years of professional work experience, Shankar Raman has worked for leading listed corporations in varied capacities in the field of finance.
His portfolio covers a wide range of critical functions such as Finance & Treasury, Corporate Accounts, Taxation, Insurance, Risk Management, Legal, and Investor Relations. He is on the Board of several companies including international subsidiaries within the L&T Group. He is also a member of Western India Regional Council of Confederation of Indian Industries.
- AskMe Shuts Down; Lays off Employees Without Pay: Report
- Payments Banks And Its Real Sustenance
- India’s Internet User Base To Touch 730 Mn Mark By 2020: Report
- Vishak Raman Joins FireEye As India Head
- Vishal Salvi To Help Infosys Strengthen Information Security
- Financial Insecurities Hinder Employees’ Output: Survey
- Digital Transformation In Financial Services, A Paradigm Shift
- Trai Proposes Stringent Quality Norms For Telcos
- UIDAI May Soon Enable Aadhaar On Smartphones
- Tata Communication Closes Neotel Deal At $428Mn