L&T makes Shankar Raman CFO, elevates Y M Deosthalee as L&T Finance CMD
Larsen and Toubro, India’s largest engineering firm has elevated R. Shankar Raman to be the new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) effective September 6, succeeding Y M Deosthalee who will become chairman and managing director of unit L&T Finance Holdings.
Raman, currently the Senior Vice President, Finance and Legal will also join the L&T Board effective October. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant in May 1983 and became a Graduate of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India in 1986.
Over the past 29 years of professional work experience, Shankar Raman has worked for leading listed corporations in varied capacities in the field of finance.
His portfolio covers a wide range of critical functions such as Finance & Treasury, Corporate Accounts, Taxation, Insurance, Risk Management, Legal, and Investor Relations. He is on the Board of several companies including international subsidiaries within the L&T Group. He is also a member of Western India Regional Council of Confederation of Indian Industries.
- Oracle Helps Escort Automate Supply Chain
- Sunil Sood Succeeds Marten Pieters As Vodafone India's CEO
- Govt Sets Ambitious Plans For Digital India
- Banking on Information
- Govt To Encourage More BPOs In Small Towns
- Top Trends Influencing Healthcare IT In 2015
- 3i Infotech Appoints Hexaware's RV Ramanan As COO
- 50 pc Firms Still Lack DDoS Protection, Says Study
- Challenging Times Ahead For CMOs
- Lessons From Mythology For CXOs: Devdutt Pattanaik