L&T makes Shankar Raman CFO, elevates Y M Deosthalee as L&T Finance CMD
Larsen and Toubro, India’s largest engineering firm has elevated R. Shankar Raman to be the new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) effective September 6, succeeding Y M Deosthalee who will become chairman and managing director of unit L&T Finance Holdings.
Raman, currently the Senior Vice President, Finance and Legal will also join the L&T Board effective October. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant in May 1983 and became a Graduate of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India in 1986.
Over the past 29 years of professional work experience, Shankar Raman has worked for leading listed corporations in varied capacities in the field of finance.
His portfolio covers a wide range of critical functions such as Finance & Treasury, Corporate Accounts, Taxation, Insurance, Risk Management, Legal, and Investor Relations. He is on the Board of several companies including international subsidiaries within the L&T Group. He is also a member of Western India Regional Council of Confederation of Indian Industries.
- Managing Big Data In A Small Way In Financial Industry
- How To Connect The 1.7 Bn Women Without Cellphone
- What's Wrong With Mobile Financial Services In APAC?
- Twitter Turmoil: Why Using Interim CEO Is A Bad Idea
- Who Could Replace Twitter CEO Dick Costolo?
- CXO Lessons From Infosys’ ‘Design Thinking’
- CA Tech Hires Xbox Founder Otto Berkes As CTO
- It Pays To Be A Chief Digital Officer In The US
- India's 6 Power Women From Forbes List 2015
- 5 Lesser-Known Facts About Apple's Jony Ive