L&T makes Shankar Raman CFO, elevates Y M Deosthalee as L&T Finance CMD
Larsen and Toubro, India’s largest engineering firm has elevated R. Shankar Raman to be the new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) effective September 6, succeeding Y M Deosthalee who will become chairman and managing director of unit L&T Finance Holdings.
Raman, currently the Senior Vice President, Finance and Legal will also join the L&T Board effective October. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant in May 1983 and became a Graduate of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India in 1986.
Over the past 29 years of professional work experience, Shankar Raman has worked for leading listed corporations in varied capacities in the field of finance.
His portfolio covers a wide range of critical functions such as Finance & Treasury, Corporate Accounts, Taxation, Insurance, Risk Management, Legal, and Investor Relations. He is on the Board of several companies including international subsidiaries within the L&T Group. He is also a member of Western India Regional Council of Confederation of Indian Industries.
- Govt Launches 'Cyber Swachhta Kendra' To Prevent Cyber Attack
- TCS Appoints V Ramakrishnan As CFO, R Gopinathan As CEO
- Digital Workforce Is Changing The Enterprise Landscape
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today - (Feb 6-10)
- Ola's CMO, CFO Quit; Company Hires Data Scientist
- Banks Still Not Confident To Detect Cybersecurity Breach: Study
- How Genpact Is Closing The Analytics Skills Gap
- Qualcomm To Invest USD 8.5 mn In India's Design Initiatives
- Are Robots A Growing Threat To BFSI Employees?
- Badal Bagri Returns To Airtel As CFO