L&T makes Shankar Raman CFO, elevates Y M Deosthalee as L&T Finance CMD
Larsen and Toubro, India’s largest engineering firm has elevated R. Shankar Raman to be the new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) effective September 6, succeeding Y M Deosthalee who will become chairman and managing director of unit L&T Finance Holdings.
Raman, currently the Senior Vice President, Finance and Legal will also join the L&T Board effective October. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant in May 1983 and became a Graduate of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India in 1986.
Over the past 29 years of professional work experience, Shankar Raman has worked for leading listed corporations in varied capacities in the field of finance.
His portfolio covers a wide range of critical functions such as Finance & Treasury, Corporate Accounts, Taxation, Insurance, Risk Management, Legal, and Investor Relations. He is on the Board of several companies including international subsidiaries within the L&T Group. He is also a member of Western India Regional Council of Confederation of Indian Industries.
- Tokyo seeks out Accenture to help recruit foreign companies
- Dell expands Precision workstation portfolio
- IT and business should synchronize to create value
- JM Financial Services consolidates IT infrastructure
- Cloud enables us to focus on our core business
- Wipro launches loan originating solution for APAC financial market
- IBM posts weak Q1 results, chief asks employees to do better
- HID Global unveils new instant financial issuance printer
- Financial cybercrime, state sponsored espionage dominate security landscape
- Mexican bank deploys InfrasoftTech's AML solution