L&T makes Shankar Raman CFO, elevates Y M Deosthalee as L&T Finance CMD
Larsen and Toubro, India’s largest engineering firm has elevated R. Shankar Raman to be the new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) effective September 6, succeeding Y M Deosthalee who will become chairman and managing director of unit L&T Finance Holdings.
Raman, currently the Senior Vice President, Finance and Legal will also join the L&T Board effective October. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant in May 1983 and became a Graduate of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India in 1986.
Over the past 29 years of professional work experience, Shankar Raman has worked for leading listed corporations in varied capacities in the field of finance.
His portfolio covers a wide range of critical functions such as Finance & Treasury, Corporate Accounts, Taxation, Insurance, Risk Management, Legal, and Investor Relations. He is on the Board of several companies including international subsidiaries within the L&T Group. He is also a member of Western India Regional Council of Confederation of Indian Industries.
- Are Robots A Growing Threat To BFSI Employees?
- Badal Bagri Returns To Airtel As CFO
- What's In Store For Data Management In 2017
- Yahoo Fails, But Marissa Mayer Is Clearly 'The Boss'
- The Way Forward For Finance Team In The Digital Era
- The Changing Face Of Retail Banking By 2020
- Chief Marketers Struggle With Omni-Channel Alignment: Study
- Financial Services To Use More Of AI: Report
- Five Job Trends In Tech Sector to Watch for 2017
- India Will Face A 65% Hike In Mobile Frauds: Study