L&T makes Shankar Raman CFO, elevates Y M Deosthalee as L&T Finance CMD
Larsen and Toubro, India’s largest engineering firm has elevated R. Shankar Raman to be the new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) effective September 6, succeeding Y M Deosthalee who will become chairman and managing director of unit L&T Finance Holdings.
Raman, currently the Senior Vice President, Finance and Legal will also join the L&T Board effective October. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant in May 1983 and became a Graduate of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India in 1986.
Over the past 29 years of professional work experience, Shankar Raman has worked for leading listed corporations in varied capacities in the field of finance.
His portfolio covers a wide range of critical functions such as Finance & Treasury, Corporate Accounts, Taxation, Insurance, Risk Management, Legal, and Investor Relations. He is on the Board of several companies including international subsidiaries within the L&T Group. He is also a member of Western India Regional Council of Confederation of Indian Industries.
- 5 Things To Expect From The World Of Linux In 2017
- Currency Ban Puts Indian Banks at Great Cyber Security Risks
- CIO Klub Coimbatore Eyes Pan Tamil Nadu Operations
- MobiKwik Lite To Help India’s Unorganized Sector Turn Digital
- Paytm Sees Opportunity In POS Services
- Global ATM Market To Reach USD 21.9 Bn: Research
- Capgemini Strengthens its Foothold Through Global Network
- Exclusive: Guy Kawasaki On How CIOs Can Stay Relevant
- Digital Footprint: Now A Backbone For Financial Data
- Wipro Partners With ASG For Enterprise Data Intelligence