L&T makes Shankar Raman CFO, elevates Y M Deosthalee as L&T Finance CMD
Larsen and Toubro, India’s largest engineering firm has elevated R. Shankar Raman to be the new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) effective September 6, succeeding Y M Deosthalee who will become chairman and managing director of unit L&T Finance Holdings.
Raman, currently the Senior Vice President, Finance and Legal will also join the L&T Board effective October. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant in May 1983 and became a Graduate of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India in 1986.
Over the past 29 years of professional work experience, Shankar Raman has worked for leading listed corporations in varied capacities in the field of finance.
His portfolio covers a wide range of critical functions such as Finance & Treasury, Corporate Accounts, Taxation, Insurance, Risk Management, Legal, and Investor Relations. He is on the Board of several companies including international subsidiaries within the L&T Group. He is also a member of Western India Regional Council of Confederation of Indian Industries.
- Cyberattacks On Firms Posing Credit Risk
- Hackers Access 2000 Vodafone Customers' Account; Are Telcos Listening?
- Chief Customer Officer Best Suits To Be CEO Successor
- Key Traits Of CIO Aka Chief 'Influencing' Officer
- 5 Things Chief Digital Officers Must Get Right
- How IT Firms Can Gain From Chief Diversity Officers
- 35% Of India's Population To Benefit From Smart Cities
- HR Heads In IT Cos Seeking Greener Pastures: Report
- CIOs Confused With Cloud's Financial Impact
- Virtualization Helps Adarsh Cut Hardware Cost By 70%