L&T makes Shankar Raman CFO, elevates Y M Deosthalee as L&T Finance CMD
Larsen and Toubro, India’s largest engineering firm has elevated R. Shankar Raman to be the new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) effective September 6, succeeding Y M Deosthalee who will become chairman and managing director of unit L&T Finance Holdings.
Raman, currently the Senior Vice President, Finance and Legal will also join the L&T Board effective October. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant in May 1983 and became a Graduate of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India in 1986.
Over the past 29 years of professional work experience, Shankar Raman has worked for leading listed corporations in varied capacities in the field of finance.
His portfolio covers a wide range of critical functions such as Finance & Treasury, Corporate Accounts, Taxation, Insurance, Risk Management, Legal, and Investor Relations. He is on the Board of several companies including international subsidiaries within the L&T Group. He is also a member of Western India Regional Council of Confederation of Indian Industries.
- Tata Communication Closes Neotel Deal At $428Mn
- Only ‘People First’ Businesses Will Matter: Biji Kurien
- Accenture Appoints Group Chief Executive And Group Operating Officer
- Tech Mahindra Withdraws Plans Of Payment Banks
- 7 Digital Success Mantras For Financial Firms
- CIOs Enjoying Greater Influence, But Skill Shortage Plays Spoilsport
- The Rise And Rise Of Cryptocurrency Market
- Boom Time Ahead For Online Payment Industry
- India Has Largest Offline Population: World Bank
- 500 Mn Plus Internet Users In India By 2016 End: Ravi Shankar Prasad