L&T's Shipbuilding Segment Installs PLM Solution
L&T will adopt integrated PLM solutions from Dassault Systemes for its heavy engineering division.
The solutions will integrate L&T’s stand-alone design automation and project management tools, increasing efficiency and savings potential across the division.
M. V. Kotwal, Director and Senior Executive Vice President Heavy Engineering, Larsen & Toubro, explains, “The DS solutions will help give an enhanced focus on value creation and process simplification.
“Working closely with DS fits well with our enhanced thrust in the manufacturing sector. DS’s PLM solutions allow users to create a collaborative workplace that breaks down the barriers between engineering and design functions, accelerating the product development process and bringing about a new level of decision support, innovation and collaboration,” continues V. K. Magapu, Chief Executive, L&T Infotech and Member of the L&T Board.
DS’s end-to-end PLM solution will be implemented by L&T’s IT arm - L&T Infotech.
“Larsen & Toubro has embraced a long term PLM strategy as critical to maintaining a competitive advantage. As part of its business transformation drive, L&T has extended this to include the collaborative intelligence capabilities of our ENOVIA solutions throughout the product delivery process with customers, partners and suppliers,” says Bruno Latchague, EVP, Dassault Systemes.
L&T will apply DS’s solutions to processes for the shipbuilding business segment.
The deployment includes: CATIA, for designing the virtual product; ENOVIA VPLM, 3D collaborative virtual lifecycle management for highly complex products, resource and manufacturing processes; and ENOVIA MatrixOne, collaborative product development business processes for enterprises.
This is the first end-to-end implementation of a recently established partnership between Infotech Limited and DS. Infotech Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro Limited and has signed an agreement with DS to provide consulting, development and implementation services around DS’s end-to-end PLM portfolio.
- Mozilla's New Brand Identity To Stay Relevant
- Qualcomm To Invest USD 8.5 mn In India's Design Initiatives
- How Retailers Can Leverage Tech To Win Customers
- Top Trends In Next Generation Shared Services
- TCS Names Rajesh Gopinathan As CEO; Chandra To Lead Tata Sons
- What's In Store For Data Management In 2017
- Service Design Thinking: It’s About Customer Experience
- Galaxy Automation To Focus On India’s Hyper-Convergence Market
- Crisis Management Plan To Thwart India's Cyber Attacks
- 5 Ways Co Working Is Changing Modern Workplaces