Maharashtra government selects VMware for its MahaGov Cloud
The Government of Maharashtra has selected VMware for its MahaGov Cloud, which is an initiative by the Directorate of Information Technology (DIT), Government of Maharashtra to provide Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) to various state departments for their e-governance initiatives.
“The Government of Maharashtra is committed to making e-governance a success in the state. We were confident that virtualization and cloud computing would play a critical role in enabling our vision for e-governance in the state of Maharashtra,” said Shri. Rajesh Aggarwal, Secretary IT for the Government of Maharashtra.
The Government of Maharashtra has deployed VMware vSphere and VMware vCloud Director to virtualize the state datacenter, which hosts the MahaGov Cloud. The deployment has helped the Government of Maharashtra lower the cost of hosting, improve the management of the state datacenter infrastructure, and drastically reduce the time required to provision infrastructure for various state departments.
The MahaGov Cloud is the only government cloud in India that is running a production environment with a high volume of servers and applications. The DIT has conducted a number of user awareness programmes and has laid down guidelines for state departments to confidently host their applications on the MahaGov Cloud. It has also published a rate card for these cloud services that any government department or public sector undertaking can avail at a nominal cost.
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- How CEO Can Avoid Digital Transformation Failure: McKinsey
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Which Sector Will Be The First To Go 100% Robot?
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- Stratus Unveils Edge Computing Strategy
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision