Mahindra Satyam buys global operations of US-based vCustomer for $27 million
The acquisition marks the entry of the company’s BPO operations into verticals such as retail and consumer technology.
Global consulting and IT services provider Mahindra Satyam said that it has acquired the entire international operations of US-based BPO firm for $27 million.
This is the first 100 percent acquisition by Mahindra Satyam since it became part of Mahindra Group and marks the entry of Mahindra Satyam’s BPO operations into other verticals such as retail and consumer technology in addition to significantly enhancing technical support credentials, the company said.
“The acquisition reflects our investment appetite to enhance domain depth and global scale, across diverse verticals,” said C P Gurnani, CEO, Mahindra Satyam.
The company said that the combination of vCustomer’s expertise in the retail and consumer Technology verticals with Mahindra Satyam’s domain expertise and customer base will further strengthen the ability to address evolving market needs.
Sujit Baksi, Chairman of Mahindra Satyam BPO Board said “The expertise of vCustomer aligns well with our operations and enhances our competencies. We look forward to collaborating and creating new benchmarks of excellence.”
In February, Mahindra Satyam had signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to acquire a strategic stake in Dion Global Solutions, a provider of software products and solutions for capital markets having 660 clients in 62 countries. Both companies look to expand their solutions and make inroads into newer markets with the alliance.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- Diwali Brings Glitter To Consumer Electronics Sales
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Tech Mahindra Slams Petition Against RCOM Over Dues