Mahindra Satyam Opens Largest Centre Outside India
As part of its new country-specific investment strategy, Mahindra Satyam (erstwhile Satyam Computer Services) said it would enlarge its Global Solution Centre (GSC) operations in Malaysia by moving more global software development and delivery operations to its GSC.
Relocated from its present premises to a larger facility in Cyberjaya, the new GSC which has 18 configurable offshore development centre blocks, 1,100-seat development block and a data centre to host 1,100 servers will serve as Mahindra Satyam s largest technology development and delivery facility outside of India.
Rohit Gandhi, senior vice president, Asia Pacific, Mahindra Satyam, said the company selected Malaysia to launch its international expansion to leverage Malaysia’s advanced infrastructure, rich ICT talent pool and competitive cost environment.
"These reasons combine to make Malaysia a strategic destination to establish our technology and business presence. The country’s favourable corporate environment backed by unwavering government support, also were factors behind the further commitments we are making to the country," he said.
"Furthermore, our presence in Malaysia allows Mahindra Satyam to leverage on numerous advantage of language and time-zone to service our Asia Pacific customers, a market segment that we intend to grow moving ahead," he added.
The new GSC will focus on providing a full range of both mainstream business and technology functions like remote infrastructure management outsourcing, business process outsourcing, software services as well as some specialised software testing.
Currently, the centre has 500 full-time local engineers serving local and global customers.
- Infor To Double Revenues By 2020: IMEA GM
- How Tech Has Revitalized India's Financial Planning Market
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular
- CXOs Struggling To Turn Digital Strategies into Performance
- For Most Firms, Digital Workplace Is Still Distant Dream : Gartner
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- How Robo-Advisors Are Disrupting Financial Services