Mahindra Satyam Opens Largest Centre Outside India
As part of its new country-specific investment strategy, Mahindra Satyam (erstwhile Satyam Computer Services) said it would enlarge its Global Solution Centre (GSC) operations in Malaysia by moving more global software development and delivery operations to its GSC.
Relocated from its present premises to a larger facility in Cyberjaya, the new GSC which has 18 configurable offshore development centre blocks, 1,100-seat development block and a data centre to host 1,100 servers will serve as Mahindra Satyam s largest technology development and delivery facility outside of India.
Rohit Gandhi, senior vice president, Asia Pacific, Mahindra Satyam, said the company selected Malaysia to launch its international expansion to leverage Malaysia’s advanced infrastructure, rich ICT talent pool and competitive cost environment.
"These reasons combine to make Malaysia a strategic destination to establish our technology and business presence. The country’s favourable corporate environment backed by unwavering government support, also were factors behind the further commitments we are making to the country," he said.
"Furthermore, our presence in Malaysia allows Mahindra Satyam to leverage on numerous advantage of language and time-zone to service our Asia Pacific customers, a market segment that we intend to grow moving ahead," he added.
The new GSC will focus on providing a full range of both mainstream business and technology functions like remote infrastructure management outsourcing, business process outsourcing, software services as well as some specialised software testing.
Currently, the centre has 500 full-time local engineers serving local and global customers.
- WhatsApp Launches ‘WhatsApp Business’ For Small Businesses
- Cloud War Intensifies; Alibaba Taps Indian Enterprises
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Blockchain In The Context Of Enterprises
- Big Data Gaining Grounds In Precision Medicine
- AI To Bring More Jobs, Revenues To Businesses
- Shared Services 2.0 – Next Big Wave Of Offshore Financial Operations
- Rolls Royce Partners TCS To Bolster Digital Capabilities
- HCL Inks A Five Year Contract With JLT