Mahindra Satyam US Suits: Govt Extends Support
The Indian government has extended all help to Mahindra Satyam, the new avatar of Satyam Computer Services, in resolving class action suits it is facing in the US.
The legally-embroiled Satyam Computers was recently acquired by Tech Mahindra.
Speaking to the Press after meeting members of the Mahindra-Satyam Board recently, Salman Khurshid, the corporate affairs minister, said, "We discussed it and tried to elicit information on other class action suits which have been settled out of court."
Khurshid said the option of out-of-court settlement is for the Mahindra Satyam board to sort out. "We will support them in whatever help they want," he said.
Earlier, the minister met Kiran Karnik, board chairman, and Vineet Nayyar, the executive vice chairman of Mahindra Satyam.
According to sources, the suits that Satyam is facing abroad could result in a liability running into crores for Mahindra Satyam.
- CXOs Struggling To Turn Digital Strategies into Performance
- For Most Firms, Digital Workplace Is Still Distant Dream : Gartner
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- How Robo-Advisors Are Disrupting Financial Services
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- Find Best Deals On Computer & Accessories With Zouton