Mahindra Satyam US Suits: Govt Extends Support
The Indian government has extended all help to Mahindra Satyam, the new avatar of Satyam Computer Services, in resolving class action suits it is facing in the US.
The legally-embroiled Satyam Computers was recently acquired by Tech Mahindra.
Speaking to the Press after meeting members of the Mahindra-Satyam Board recently, Salman Khurshid, the corporate affairs minister, said, "We discussed it and tried to elicit information on other class action suits which have been settled out of court."
Khurshid said the option of out-of-court settlement is for the Mahindra Satyam board to sort out. "We will support them in whatever help they want," he said.
Earlier, the minister met Kiran Karnik, board chairman, and Vineet Nayyar, the executive vice chairman of Mahindra Satyam.
According to sources, the suits that Satyam is facing abroad could result in a liability running into crores for Mahindra Satyam.
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Tech Mahindra Slams Petition Against RCOM Over Dues
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- 5 Ways To Future-Proof IoT Devices
- Escaping Automation-Led Redundancy In The Indian IT Industry