Mahindra Satyam US Suits: Govt Extends Support
The Indian government has extended all help to Mahindra Satyam, the new avatar of Satyam Computer Services, in resolving class action suits it is facing in the US.
The legally-embroiled Satyam Computers was recently acquired by Tech Mahindra.
Speaking to the Press after meeting members of the Mahindra-Satyam Board recently, Salman Khurshid, the corporate affairs minister, said, "We discussed it and tried to elicit information on other class action suits which have been settled out of court."
Khurshid said the option of out-of-court settlement is for the Mahindra Satyam board to sort out. "We will support them in whatever help they want," he said.
Earlier, the minister met Kiran Karnik, board chairman, and Vineet Nayyar, the executive vice chairman of Mahindra Satyam.
According to sources, the suits that Satyam is facing abroad could result in a liability running into crores for Mahindra Satyam.
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise
- Damson Technologies Launches Its India Operations
- Lack of Skills Raising Demand for IT Security Services
- Scalable, Secure Govt Data Centers For Online Citizen Services
- Tech Mahindra-Microsoft Use Blockchain To Curb Spam Calls
- 4 Things To Know Before You Move Everything To The Cloud
- How Enterprises Can Secure their Multi-Cloud Environments
- Infor To Double Revenues By 2020: IMEA GM
- How Tech Has Revitalized India's Financial Planning Market