MAIT appoints Ashwini Aggarwal as executive director
MAIT, the apex body representing the interest of IT hardware industry in India, has appointed Ashwini Aggarwal as its new Executive Director with effect from 15th September 2010.
“The wide diversity of background that Ashwini brings to MAIT would help the Association in meeting the growing challenges being faced by the IT Hardware industry in the highly competitive global environment,” Ravi Aggarwal, President, MAIT stated.
Ashwini is well known in the industry for his creative and breakthrough market development initiatives at HP - and was the IT Channels ‘Most Favorite Marketing Manager’ for the year 2006.
“For India to emerge globally competitive in the IT Hardware arena, apart from creating a vibrant domestic market we need to create a stable policy regime. A robust and encouraging ecosystem, covering all aspects of the downstream industry will enable us emerge as a strong IT nation,” commented Ashwini Aggarwal.
Ashwini comes to MAIT with over 27 years of industry experience, 18 years in Hewlett-Packard in several important and developmental roles. He has worked with Omnicom Media Group, in their group company, CPM India as Vice-President, Strategic initiatives.
An M.Sc. in Physics and Electronics with distinction from St. Stephens College and an MBA from FMS, University of Delhi, Aggarwal has rich and diverse experience in the IT Industry having handled peripherals, personal computers, mini and mainframe computers across consumer and commercial user segments.
- Online Lending Reaching A New High
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- Gender Discrimination Continues To Haunt IT Industry
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Creating Men As Allies In Gender Diversity Programs