E-waste Mangement is Critical for India: MAIT
India needs to strengthen its focus on e-waste recycling and disposal as it is expected to generate about 1.5 lakh ton of wastage from the use of electronics every year by 2020, IT hardware industry body MAIT said at a recent workshop on“E-Waste Rules for Bulk Consumers.” The workshop organized in with the Ministry of Environment & Forests (MoEF ) and the Central Pollution Control Board and Dataserv APAC in Noida also stressed the need for creating greater awareness among organizations and people on dealing with e-waste.
“India being a geographically complex country the task of creating awareness about E-waste is an exigent task,” said Anwar Shirpurwala, Executive Director, MAIT, stating that this can only be achieved if bulk consumers of electrical and electronic equipments accept their responsibility to follow the E-waste rules and channelize it through authorized collection centres or recyclers.
“Electronics industry is growing exponentially and with rapid advancements in technology and rise in demand and rate of technological obsolescence, w all face a new challenge of e-waste,” stated MoEF Director Chhanda Chowdhury emphasizing that the main challenge is to bring informal sector into the mainstream of e-waste management.
Chowdhury believes workshops like these should be organized in all the states to create awareness about e-waste management rules. The workshop also emphasized on the point that every bulk consumers shall maintain records of e-waste generated by them and makes such records available for scrutiny by the State Pollution Control or the Pollution Control Committee.
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- India Among Top 5 Countries Generating E-Waste
- How HR Analytics Can Be A Game-Changer In The Banking Industry
- Top Enterprise Software Tech Trends So Far In 2018
- Leveraging Cloud Based Payments Effectively