MAIT Initiates IT Adoption for Growth Campaign
MAIT has launched a corporate social responsibility campaign titled "Digital Inclusion - IT Adoption for Growth & Employability" . MAIT and its member companies will facilitate access to computers and software to the digitally deprived with an aim to enable them to develop skills in IT and become employable.
MAIT has partnered with Microsoft to donate computers and software to NGOs, who are engaged in taking IT education to the rural/poor masses. MAIT said it will encourage all its members to generously contribute hardware to the cause of bridging the digital divide in India.
Vinnie Mehta, executive director of MAIT said, While IT has become an integral part of our life, its penetration remains confined to the urban areas alone, even the poor in such areas are yet to take advantage of the digital revolution. One of the reasons cited for digital divide is the non-availability of IT hardware at desired price-points. We hope that through this initiative we will be able to make available the hardware at no or marginal cost to the deserving. We have been in dialogue with our members and their response towards this initiative has been very encouraging. Further, extending the life of hardware through such means will go a long way in minimising the environmental concerns due to e-waste.
MAIT has also recently been innvolved in certain initiatives to improve the e-waste scenario in India.
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- Adarsh Credit Goes Paperless With Adobe
- Gender Discrimination Continues To Haunt IT Industry
- By 2025, Digital Transactions To Reach $1-Tn Annually: Report
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- Google Eyes Indian Enterprises With Its Cloud Partnership Program