MAIT Initiates IT Adoption for Growth Campaign
MAIT has launched a corporate social responsibility campaign titled "Digital Inclusion - IT Adoption for Growth & Employability" . MAIT and its member companies will facilitate access to computers and software to the digitally deprived with an aim to enable them to develop skills in IT and become employable.
MAIT has partnered with Microsoft to donate computers and software to NGOs, who are engaged in taking IT education to the rural/poor masses. MAIT said it will encourage all its members to generously contribute hardware to the cause of bridging the digital divide in India.
Vinnie Mehta, executive director of MAIT said, While IT has become an integral part of our life, its penetration remains confined to the urban areas alone, even the poor in such areas are yet to take advantage of the digital revolution. One of the reasons cited for digital divide is the non-availability of IT hardware at desired price-points. We hope that through this initiative we will be able to make available the hardware at no or marginal cost to the deserving. We have been in dialogue with our members and their response towards this initiative has been very encouraging. Further, extending the life of hardware through such means will go a long way in minimising the environmental concerns due to e-waste.
MAIT has also recently been innvolved in certain initiatives to improve the e-waste scenario in India.
- Is It Time To Say 'Goodbye' To Passwords?
- The Promise Of Cognitive Computing In India
- Top 10 Customer Experience Trends in 2018
- 7 Trends Driving IT Transformation In India
- Suspicious Transactions Up Due To Surge In Digital Payments
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 8-13)
- Hyderabad To Host 'Olympics Of IT Industry'
- What Aadhar Data Breach Means To Digital India And Its Citizens
- FinTech Trends To Watch Out For In 2018