MakeMyTrip.com selects HP for faster online transactions
MakeMyTrip.com, a leading online travel company announced that it has selected HP Software suite to enhance the online travel booking experience for its customers. Sanket Atal, chief technology officer, MakeMyTrip.com informed that the company selected HP Service Manager Enterprise Suite to standardize and automate management of key IT processes for faster application delivery.
MakeMyTrip.com provides booking access for domestic and international airlines, Indian Railways, major bus operators and more than 10,300 hotels and guesthouses across the country. With the proliferation of Internet and data services in emerging markets throughout India, MakeMyTrip.com has experienced significant growth. In December 2012 alone, the company’s website received 8.5 million monthly unique visitors. “In order for MakeMyTrip.com to meet the growing needs of these visitors, it needed to improve processes for application development and testing for simpler and faster online transactions,” said Atal.
He added that in order to stay ahead of competition, online businesses need to accelerate product development cycles and deliver solutions that provide a compelling end-user experience. With HP Software, we will optimize our IT processes to reduce development times of new online applications. This allows us to quickly deliver an enriched experience for visitors to our site.
The HP Service Manager Enterprise Suite will enable MakeMyTrip.com’s application development teams to respond efficiently to requests for changes to the online travel application. The HP solution will also support the IT team to monitor application changes in real-time. The improved efficiency and monitoring can help reduce application downtime by 70 per cent. This will enable the company to meet its business goals and end user travel booking needs, said Atal.
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- Why Companies Need To Invest In Chief AI Officer
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year