MakeMyTrip.com selects HP for faster online transactions
MakeMyTrip.com, a leading online travel company announced that it has selected HP Software suite to enhance the online travel booking experience for its customers. Sanket Atal, chief technology officer, MakeMyTrip.com informed that the company selected HP Service Manager Enterprise Suite to standardize and automate management of key IT processes for faster application delivery.
MakeMyTrip.com provides booking access for domestic and international airlines, Indian Railways, major bus operators and more than 10,300 hotels and guesthouses across the country. With the proliferation of Internet and data services in emerging markets throughout India, MakeMyTrip.com has experienced significant growth. In December 2012 alone, the company’s website received 8.5 million monthly unique visitors. “In order for MakeMyTrip.com to meet the growing needs of these visitors, it needed to improve processes for application development and testing for simpler and faster online transactions,” said Atal.
He added that in order to stay ahead of competition, online businesses need to accelerate product development cycles and deliver solutions that provide a compelling end-user experience. With HP Software, we will optimize our IT processes to reduce development times of new online applications. This allows us to quickly deliver an enriched experience for visitors to our site.
The HP Service Manager Enterprise Suite will enable MakeMyTrip.com’s application development teams to respond efficiently to requests for changes to the online travel application. The HP solution will also support the IT team to monitor application changes in real-time. The improved efficiency and monitoring can help reduce application downtime by 70 per cent. This will enable the company to meet its business goals and end user travel booking needs, said Atal.
- Ten Trends Redefining Enterprise IT In 2018
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- How Digital Tech Is Changing Customer Experience
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- Technology Plays A Vital Role In Empowering The Workforce
- Dentistry And Its Glorious Digital Future
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study