Malware campaign targeting Blackberry users unearthed
A malware campaign targeting Blackberry customers has been unearthed by the Websense ThreatSeeker Network intercepted. These fake emails state that the recipient has successfully created a Blackberry ID. The messages then continue, “To enjoy the full benefits of your BlackBerry ID, please follow the instructions in the attached file.” That, of course, is an attempt to lure victims into running the attached malware.
The malicious email itself is a copy and paste of a legitimate email from Blackberry. And though the attachment indeed raises suspicion, there’s no malicious or compromised URL in it.
- PNB Scam: Some Tech Lessons For Indian Banks
- Xerox: The Noun That Became A Verb, Expired
- Are We Waiting For A Bigger Cyber Attack To Strike In 2018?
- Even Minor Glitches And Breaches Can Kill Brands
- This Malware Can Hit Hundreds Of Banks, Warn Researchers
- Global Cybercrime Industry Will Continue To Flourish
- Petya Weren’t Expecting This: Ransomware Takes Systems Hostage Across the Globe
- Malware Targeting Linux On The Rise, Shows Study
- BlackBerry’s ‘Enterprise of Things’ To Enhance How We Work
- Millions Of Android Phones Hit By Judy Malware