MapmyIndia Partners Ford for GPS
The MapmyIndia Navigator would be included with the Navi Gear package of Ford Endeavour and would be offered as a new accessory at all the authorized Ford dealerships across India, which can be fitted on all Ford vehicles, including the Ford Fiesta, Ikon, Fusion and the Endeavour, according to a company statement.
The navigable map and GIS solutions provider launched these portable GPS navigation devices for cars and mobile phones recently in the country.
“Personal Navigation Devices (PNDs) are new to the country but with companies like Ford, General Motors and Sony Ericcson promoting these devices through their car and mobile handset sales the concept is going to be popular. We intend to sell around 100,000 devices by March 2009, and are targeting at a million plus sales within next three years,” said Rohan Verma, director of MapmyIndia.
For the calendar year 2008, MapmyIndia has set aside an investment of $ 2 million (Rs eight crore) for launching its new product.
The digital mapping software can be downloaded on GPS-enabled mobile handsets, apart from PNDs. The devices cover 174 cities, 130,000 towns and villages and over 45,000 points of interest across the country.
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- Study Shows 'Self-Reflection' Can Be CEO's Success Mantra
- How Keysight Is Helping Customers Boost Design Innovation
- 85% Companies Not Ready For GDPR Compliance: Report
- Edtech Can Play A Vital Role In Woman Empowerment
- The Perils Of Ignoring Mobile App Security
- Xiaomi Continues To Rule India's Smartphone Market
- Keep Security At The Heart Of Digital Strategy: Unisys
- 7 Online Test Series To Prepare For Engineering Entrances
- Users Wary Of Making Purchases Through Smartwatches: Report