Maxtor Offers Secure Storage
Global HDD and consumer storage leader Maxtor Corporation is shipping the new Maxtor OneTouch III, Mini Edition drive - its first small form factor external storage solution to address the storage needs of the mobile professional.
Weighing approximately seven ounces, the sleek, Titanium metallic paint finished system features molded black rubber side panels on all sides to prevent skidding and vibration protection. It comes loaded with software innovations to protect and manage digital content, including automated backup, data encryption, data synchronization and System Rollback to restore applications and operating system while keeping digital files current.
Its software feature, Sync, automatically synchronizes files between two or more computer systems on the same operating platform. The system rollback feature reverts a PC’s applications and OS to a healthier point in time, while preserving current data - thus addressing malware threats. There is also the automated backup that can be scheduled or activated by the touch of a button.
Security features include software encryption and DriveLock - an embedded firmware that further restricts inappropriate data access via password, even if the internal HD is attached to another computer.
The portable storage device is available in a 60GB or 100GB capacity and easily connects to a Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP computer via a USB 2.0 port.
“Our latest innovation makes it easy for people to back up and synchronize business data and files, or to share and enjoy photos, music and video while away from home or office. It provides a high level of security for mobile users, along with some innovative software features that make it easier to manage and protect files,” said Yogesh Kamat, Country Manager, Indian Subcontinent, Maxtor.
The Maxtor OneTouch III is currently available through major retailers, distributors and online stores, as well as its website. The MSRP for the 60GB is Rs7000 and Rs9500 for the 100GB model.
- Insurance Cos Lack Strategy To Leverage IoT Data: Study
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- What’s Driving The Shift To Cryptocurrency Mining Malware?
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing