McAfee debuts data centre security suites
McAfee recently announced the launch of four new data centre security suites to secure servers and databases. According to the company, the suites offer a combination of whitelisting, blacklisting and virtualisation technologies for protecting servers and databases in physical, virtualised and cloud based data centres.
“Performance and security are key concerns for servers in the physical, virtualised or cloud based data centres,” said Jon Oltsik, Senior Principal Analyst, Information Security and Networking at Enterprise Security Group at McAfee.
He added that the new server security suites provide an enhanced security posture while maintaining the high server performance needs of the data center.
The offerings include McAfee Data Center Security Suite for server that provides a set of blacklisting, whitelisting, and virtualisation support capabilities for basic security on servers of all types. The McAfee Data Center Security Suite for virtual desktop infrastructure offering security for virtual desktop deployments.
The company has also launched a McAfee Data Center Security Suite for Server–Hypervisor Edition that provides a set of blacklisting, whitelisting, and advanced virtualisation support capabilities for basic security on servers of all types and is licensed per hypervisor and finally, McAfee Database Server Protection that offers data base activity monitoring and vulnerability assessment in a single suite, for all major database servers in data centre.
The integrated solution has been designed to address the security needs of enterprises to offer the highest level of protection with minimal impact on the resources they are deployed on and in a wide range of customised licensing options, said Candace Worley, senior VP and GM of endpoint security at McAfee.
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Paying Ransom Makes One More Susceptible To Attack: Report