McAfee Enhances E-Mail Security Appliances
McAfee has announced enhancements to its Secure Messaging Gateway and Secure Internet Gateway appliances. The updates are designed to help organizations comply with e-mail regulatory norms and protect their sensitive information through better encryption capabilities.
The McAfee e-mail compliance module helps businesses comply with privacy and security regulations such as HIPAA, GLBA and Sarbanes-Oxley. It scans e-mail headers, body and attachments for a variety of personal information and/ or financial information and intelligently selects e-mail messages. Upon finding a message containing private information, the appliance takes appropriate actions such as blocking the message or sending the message to a third party encryption product for secure delivery.
Since many regulations require personal, financial and corporate information to be transmitted in an encrypted form, the e-mail compliance module is designed to integrate with encryption solutions from a variety of vendors for re-routing the messages.
The option of encryption via Transport Layer Security (TLS), a version of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is also built into the McAfee Secure Messaging Gateway and McAfee Secure Internet Gateway appliances.
In addition to scanning for sensitive data, an IP reputation filter has also been added to McAfee’s anti-spam application. The IP reputation filter is powered by the Postini Threat Identification Network (PTIN), which provides information about malicious computers that have recently launched email attacks. Using this, the anti-spam module immediately rejects messages, which have come from IP addresses with a shady reputation.
The enhanced versions of both the appliance are available immediately.
- Using New Techniques To Combat Cyber Threats
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- What’s Driving The Shift To Cryptocurrency Mining Malware?
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall
- By 2025, Digital Transactions To Reach $1-Tn Annually: Report
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner