McAfee Enhances E-Mail Security Appliances
McAfee has announced enhancements to its Secure Messaging Gateway and Secure Internet Gateway appliances. The updates are designed to help organizations comply with e-mail regulatory norms and protect their sensitive information through better encryption capabilities.
The McAfee e-mail compliance module helps businesses comply with privacy and security regulations such as HIPAA, GLBA and Sarbanes-Oxley. It scans e-mail headers, body and attachments for a variety of personal information and/ or financial information and intelligently selects e-mail messages. Upon finding a message containing private information, the appliance takes appropriate actions such as blocking the message or sending the message to a third party encryption product for secure delivery.
Since many regulations require personal, financial and corporate information to be transmitted in an encrypted form, the e-mail compliance module is designed to integrate with encryption solutions from a variety of vendors for re-routing the messages.
The option of encryption via Transport Layer Security (TLS), a version of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is also built into the McAfee Secure Messaging Gateway and McAfee Secure Internet Gateway appliances.
In addition to scanning for sensitive data, an IP reputation filter has also been added to McAfee’s anti-spam application. The IP reputation filter is powered by the Postini Threat Identification Network (PTIN), which provides information about malicious computers that have recently launched email attacks. Using this, the anti-spam module immediately rejects messages, which have come from IP addresses with a shady reputation.
The enhanced versions of both the appliance are available immediately.
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- Ericsson Sees 5G Readiness On The Rise
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Paying Ransom Makes One More Susceptible To Attack: Report
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)