McAfee Introduces Virtual Security Solution
McAfee has introduced a new security solution that protects both physical and virtualized environments. It can deliver customized security for virtual servers.
“Over the next five years, more than half of server workloads will be virtualized, but awareness of server virtualization risks remains low,” said Gartner fellow and vice president, Neil MacDonald. “Security must be incorporated into virtual systems from their inception — not addressed later as an afterthought.”
Optimized for the VMware platform, McAfee Total Protection for Virtualization includes antivirus for linux and other platforms, anti-spyware, antivirus for virtualized machines, Intrusion Prevention System for server and a centralized management console for both physical and virtualized environments.
“Customers recognize the inherent scalability, flexibility and cost effectiveness of virtualization and are rapidly increasing the number of virtualized enterprise applications,” said Shekar Ayyar, vice president of alliances at VMware. “By combining superior VMware hypervisor security with tools from partners like McAfee that leverage virtual machine resource and network visibility through our VMsafe APIs, customers can run applications in a more secure virtualized environment.”
Total Protection for Virtualization will be available by the fourth quarter of this year. Pricing will be per physical server host, and will cover all virtual machines deployed on that server.
- How Banks Can Collectively Combat Security Threats
- Mobile Operators To Cope With HD, Encryption Issues: Study
- Ten Trends Redefining Enterprise IT In 2018
- 70% Indian Firms To Deploy AI By 2020: Intel
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Cyber Security Predictions For 2018
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question