McAfee launches solution to protect users from mobile theft
Security provider McAfee today launched the Smart Perimeter, an extension of the McAfee Mobile Innovations app, which alerts users if their devices go missing. Smart Perimeter prevent theft by creating a perimeter that allows devices to track each other and alerts the user immediately when their Android smart-phone or tablet moves out of the pre-defined range created among devices. Jointly created by Intel and McAfee, this solution solves challenges associated with multi-device growth.
Recent research showed that 60 percent of US consumers own a smartphone and 39 percent own a tablet, but only 20 percent of multiple device owners have security software on their smartphones and 13 percent have security on their tablet.
“The app will help us to obtain users’ input on device and web security, as well as strengthen anti-theft and privacy measures to protect personal data,” said Lianne Caetano, director of consumer mobile product marketing at McAfee.
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- Paying Ransom Makes One More Susceptible To Attack: Report