McAfee launches solution to protect users from mobile theft
Security provider McAfee today launched the Smart Perimeter, an extension of the McAfee Mobile Innovations app, which alerts users if their devices go missing. Smart Perimeter prevent theft by creating a perimeter that allows devices to track each other and alerts the user immediately when their Android smart-phone or tablet moves out of the pre-defined range created among devices. Jointly created by Intel and McAfee, this solution solves challenges associated with multi-device growth.
Recent research showed that 60 percent of US consumers own a smartphone and 39 percent own a tablet, but only 20 percent of multiple device owners have security software on their smartphones and 13 percent have security on their tablet.
“The app will help us to obtain users’ input on device and web security, as well as strengthen anti-theft and privacy measures to protect personal data,” said Lianne Caetano, director of consumer mobile product marketing at McAfee.
- Here's Why The Voice-First Strategy Will Rule
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- RJio To Connect 1100 Cities; Set For Next Level Of Disruption
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Cyber GCCs In India At The Cusp Of Transformation
- Have We Learnt A Lesson From Facebook-Cambridge Analytica Crisis?