McAfee launches solution to protect users from mobile theft
Security provider McAfee today launched the Smart Perimeter, an extension of the McAfee Mobile Innovations app, which alerts users if their devices go missing. Smart Perimeter prevent theft by creating a perimeter that allows devices to track each other and alerts the user immediately when their Android smart-phone or tablet moves out of the pre-defined range created among devices. Jointly created by Intel and McAfee, this solution solves challenges associated with multi-device growth.
Recent research showed that 60 percent of US consumers own a smartphone and 39 percent own a tablet, but only 20 percent of multiple device owners have security software on their smartphones and 13 percent have security on their tablet.
“The app will help us to obtain users’ input on device and web security, as well as strengthen anti-theft and privacy measures to protect personal data,” said Lianne Caetano, director of consumer mobile product marketing at McAfee.
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner
- How To Become Cisco CCNA Security 210-260 Certified
- Women In Cybersecurity Face Harsh Reality: Study
- E-Tailers Should Embrace “Mobile-First” Mindset To Succeed