McAfee launches solution to protect users from mobile theft
Security provider McAfee today launched the Smart Perimeter, an extension of the McAfee Mobile Innovations app, which alerts users if their devices go missing. Smart Perimeter prevent theft by creating a perimeter that allows devices to track each other and alerts the user immediately when their Android smart-phone or tablet moves out of the pre-defined range created among devices. Jointly created by Intel and McAfee, this solution solves challenges associated with multi-device growth.
Recent research showed that 60 percent of US consumers own a smartphone and 39 percent own a tablet, but only 20 percent of multiple device owners have security software on their smartphones and 13 percent have security on their tablet.
“The app will help us to obtain users’ input on device and web security, as well as strengthen anti-theft and privacy measures to protect personal data,” said Lianne Caetano, director of consumer mobile product marketing at McAfee.
- 70% Indian Firms To Deploy AI By 2020: Intel
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Cyber Security Predictions For 2018
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study