McAfee Makes Available Total Protection
McAfee has made available McAfee Total Protection, a single solution which combines various elements of a security system which includes anti-virus, anti-spyware, desktop firewall and intrusion prevention system, aiming to reduce complexity of managing vast IT endpoint security systems across an organization.
With integration fast becoming a mantra for security vendors, security solutions providers such as Symantec, Trend Micro and McAfee are looking to simplify the installation and maintenance of their standalone products through unified and tightly integrated offerings.
McAfee Total Protection follows this very approach, offering to ease the IT administrators burden by allowing them to manage IT security through a single console and agent platform.
The centralized single console not only allows for easy manageability and policy enforcement, but also churns out graphical reports, which helps in keeping a tab on system status.
Making the announcement, Ashley Wearne, VP - marketing & integrated solution sales, APAC, McAfee said, “It’s a radical approach that we are following with Total Protection, one which puts us at least a year ahead of our nearest competitors. With our offering, businesses can choose a security solution that is completely integrated from a management perspective and that significantly reduces costs, eliminates redundancy and offers better protection.”
The solution is being made available in four different versions, which provide the users the flexibility to choose different features they require. For instance, McAfee Total Protection for enterprise offers a Network Access Control (NAC) system besides the regular ‘Anti’ features. Small businesses are Total Protection version through the vendor’s software-as-a-service model for a monthly subscription fee.
Experts suggest that IT security is gradually moving away from a focus on a single type of protection towards broad protection from a wide range of security threats to enterprises and consequently security vendors will have to come up with innovative offerings to keep with the market needs.
- Poor Router Security Makes Indians Vulnerable To Cyber Attacks
- What's BitLocker’s Role In Encryption And Compliance?
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Is There A Weak Link In Your Encryption Strategy?
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- Multi-Factor Authentication Can Mitigate Password Risks: Study
- Policybazaar Deploys Trend Micro’s Solutions To Boost Security
- Focus On Visibility To Prevent Cyber Threat, Says Skybox Exec
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- 96 pc of Firms Experienced At Least One Severe Exploit, Says Study