McAfee Mobile Security For Motorola Q
Intrusion prevention and security risk management leader, McAfee, Inc., has announced the availability of its mobile security solutions for the new Motorola Q.
With McAfee VirusScan Mobile, Q users can be protected against threats from viruses, trojan horses and other forms of malware.
McAfee Mobile Security provides the technology to deploy mobile security solutions that will encompass anti-virus, firewall, content filtering, anti- spam and anti-spyware capabilities.
Firewall Mobile of McAfee will be available in the second quarter of the year. It will provide protection against hackers and data-stealing applications, monitoring both inbound and outbound communication for malicious behavior.
“Motorola takes the security of our customers very seriously. As mobile devices continue to deliver an ever-increasing array of rich experiences through open operating systems and high-speed Internet access, we see the need to deliver and enable products to help protect our customers from malicious threats,” said Jim Eckels, GM - Digital Solutions and Accessories Group, Motorola Mobile Devices business.
Victor Kounetsov, VP, McAfee Mobile said, “In the past 12 months, the McAfee AntiVirus Emergency Response Team (AVERT) has tracked increasing instances of mobile malware, and though there has not yet been a widespread outbreak, McAfee believes that taking proactive measures to ensure that mobile devices are secure is the right strategic approach for operators, device manufacturers or end-users who want to minimize the possibility of damage.”
McAfee VirusScan Mobile provides advanced scanning, detection and cleaning of mobile data to prevent corruption due to viruses, worms, spyware, malware and other technology abuses. It protects devices against the threats that originate from e-mail, instant messaging and Internet downloads, and protects multiple entry points including SMS, MMS, Bluetooth and cellular.
The product is priced at $29.99 for a one-year subscription.
- 70% Indian Firms To Deploy AI By 2020: Intel
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Cyber Security Predictions For 2018
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- What Millennials Want From Their Employers?