McAfee Plans More Investment; Jobs In India
IT security provider McAfee is gearing up to make rooms for more recruitment at its Bengaluru centre and plans to leverage the growing local business in India by investing further, PTI reports a top official as saying.
Intel spun out McAfee as a separate entity last September, whereby, private equity player TPG said it will own 51% share in the new company. The deal is expected to close in the second quarter of 2017. Chris Young will be appointed CEO of the new company upon closing of the transaction. (Click here to read more)
“One of our largest sites around the world is in Bangalore. We continue to invest in that. We are actually adding new functions into the site there,” PTI quoted Christopher Young, general manager and SVP, Intel Security as saying.
“Under Intel, it was primarily development centre, but now we are adding finance, IT, HR to that site as well to support the new (unit),” he added.
“India is one of our fastest growing markets. We have been growing in the double digits over the last several years and we expect to continue that trajectory and that is across public and private sector,” he said.
McAfee, which has been a part of Intel as Intel Security Group houses around 2,000 employees in India with over 1,700 engineers.
“Revenues are growing double digits in India, so I expect that India over the next couple years could easily be one of our top markets,” said Young.
Intel had acquired McAfee in 2011 for $7.7 billion, which made McAfee a wholly-owned subsidiary of Intel. The business brought in $1.1 billion revenue in the first half of 2016, which is an 11% increase from the same period last year.
- IBM Steps Up Its Skills Development Efforts In India
- How Much Of Human Jobs Will Be Performed By Machines?
- Sify Names Arindam Mukherjee As Regional CEO, West
- Incedo Opens Centre of Excellence in Pune
- India's Telecom Sector To Slash 80K-90K Jobs
- CES 2018: What's In Store For The Enterprise?
- Security Flaws Threaten Virtually All PCs, Phones
- Testing Times For Data Center Of The Future
- Top Tech Jobs In Demand This Year
- The Future Of Digital Payments In 2018