McAfee simplifies security in virtual environments
McAfee is currently developing a platform and application programming interface to provide a framework that will accelerate and address the specific needs of security for virtualized environments. The new platform, McAfee Management for Optimized Virtual Environments (MOVE) platform, is designed to provide a common way to develop across the hypervisor vendors, offload resource intensive actions like security policy checking outside of the individual virtual machines and optimize scheduling of these actions based on the overall state of the hypervisor.
McAfee MOVE will provide the platform for leveraging new and existing virtualized architectures to significantly reduce the overhead of protecting individual machines, said George Kurtz, CTO, McAfee. Security within virtualized environments is one of our customers main concerns. We believe that enhancing the overall protection of these environments will lead to increased adoption of virtual machines with significant costs savings.
McAfee plans to provide open source to its partners for security innovation, accelerating future virtual-adaptive offerings for the enterprise market. Utilizing the MOVE platform, McAfee intends to release A/V Offloading as its first product for customers.
- Choosing The Right HR Management System For Your Firm
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- More Customer-Facing Firms Will Use Chatbots In 2-3 Years
- Why Financial Sector CIOs Should Get On Top Of Machine Learning
- Using RPA For Greater Accuracy, Efficiency In Business
- How Much Of Human Jobs Will Be Performed By Machines?
- How To Build A Workforce Of Relentless Change Agents
- Cyber Security: Challenges And Potential For Indian Businesses
- Chinese Smartphones Move To Top 5 Global List, Courtesy India
- Google, L&T Team Up For 150 Hotspots In Pune