McAfee simplifies security in virtual environments
McAfee is currently developing a platform and application programming interface to provide a framework that will accelerate and address the specific needs of security for virtualized environments. The new platform, McAfee Management for Optimized Virtual Environments (MOVE) platform, is designed to provide a common way to develop across the hypervisor vendors, offload resource intensive actions like security policy checking outside of the individual virtual machines and optimize scheduling of these actions based on the overall state of the hypervisor.
McAfee MOVE will provide the platform for leveraging new and existing virtualized architectures to significantly reduce the overhead of protecting individual machines, said George Kurtz, CTO, McAfee. Security within virtualized environments is one of our customers main concerns. We believe that enhancing the overall protection of these environments will lead to increased adoption of virtual machines with significant costs savings.
McAfee plans to provide open source to its partners for security innovation, accelerating future virtual-adaptive offerings for the enterprise market. Utilizing the MOVE platform, McAfee intends to release A/V Offloading as its first product for customers.
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Paying Ransom Makes One More Susceptible To Attack: Report
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- Mission Critical Workloads Require Specialized Cloud: Study
- Network Visibility: How To Diffuse The IT Blame Game
- NetApp Appoints Senior Execs To Strengthen India Business
- The Future Of Banking Is Paperless, Say Experts