McAfee simplifies security in virtual environments
McAfee is currently developing a platform and application programming interface to provide a framework that will accelerate and address the specific needs of security for virtualized environments. The new platform, McAfee Management for Optimized Virtual Environments (MOVE) platform, is designed to provide a common way to develop across the hypervisor vendors, offload resource intensive actions like security policy checking outside of the individual virtual machines and optimize scheduling of these actions based on the overall state of the hypervisor.
McAfee MOVE will provide the platform for leveraging new and existing virtualized architectures to significantly reduce the overhead of protecting individual machines, said George Kurtz, CTO, McAfee. Security within virtualized environments is one of our customers main concerns. We believe that enhancing the overall protection of these environments will lead to increased adoption of virtual machines with significant costs savings.
McAfee plans to provide open source to its partners for security innovation, accelerating future virtual-adaptive offerings for the enterprise market. Utilizing the MOVE platform, McAfee intends to release A/V Offloading as its first product for customers.
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens
- 3 Ways AR-VR Can Boost Autonomous Vehicles
- McAfee Acquires Cloud Security Startup Skyhigh Networks
- Multi-Cloud Environments Force CIOs To Rethink Cloud Strategies
- 5 Ways Data Will Get Faster, Smarter: NetApp CTO
- 5 Supply Chain Management Trends for 2018
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation