McAfee simplifies security in virtual environments
McAfee is currently developing a platform and application programming interface to provide a framework that will accelerate and address the specific needs of security for virtualized environments. The new platform, McAfee Management for Optimized Virtual Environments (MOVE) platform, is designed to provide a common way to develop across the hypervisor vendors, offload resource intensive actions like security policy checking outside of the individual virtual machines and optimize scheduling of these actions based on the overall state of the hypervisor.
McAfee MOVE will provide the platform for leveraging new and existing virtualized architectures to significantly reduce the overhead of protecting individual machines, said George Kurtz, CTO, McAfee. Security within virtualized environments is one of our customers main concerns. We believe that enhancing the overall protection of these environments will lead to increased adoption of virtual machines with significant costs savings.
McAfee plans to provide open source to its partners for security innovation, accelerating future virtual-adaptive offerings for the enterprise market. Utilizing the MOVE platform, McAfee intends to release A/V Offloading as its first product for customers.
- Why Blockchain Experts Should Rethink Cybersecurity
- How Robo-Advisors Are Disrupting Financial Services
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Here's How Tambo Is Bridging India's Mobility Gap
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study
- Leveraging Cloud Based Payments Effectively
- Virtual Reality Is Reshaping India's Real Estate Industry
- Information Management Can Drive Digital Transformation Effort