McAfee, SmartTrust Provide Mobile Virus Protection
McAfee, the security technology company, has announced its partnership with mobile device management company SmartTrust to develop a solution that will enable mobile operators to deliver integrated mobile virus protection to subscribers.
The new solution based on McAfee VirusScan mobile package and SmartTrust SmartManage platform, will enable new virus and malware updates to be delivered to subscribers remotely.
SmartManage allows operators to automatically detect vulnerable handsets on the network and immediately deliver virus protection over-the-air. The platform also uses business rules engine to ensure continuous defense to subscribers’ existing anti-virus subscriptions. VirusScan Mobile protects devices against the threats that originate from e - mail, Internet downloads, multiple entry points including SMS, MMS, and Bluetooth.
Victor Kouznetsov, Senior VP, McAfee Mobile said, “With the burgeoning use of cell phones for everything from downloadable music to data files, and increasingly complex mobile devices becoming possible targets for malicious hackers, carriers are increasingly demanding proactive, integrated solutions to protect their large subscriber bases. Both of us together offer a simple, seamless solution for all carriers to mitigate the threat of damage due to mobile virus outbreaks.”
Paul Cuss, CEO, SmartTrust said, “Mobile threats are even more dangerous because virus writers have learned from their experience in the PC environment. Ignoring the threat of mobile viruses will almost certainly bring financial loss and significant damage to established and trusted brand. Combining detailed repositories of handset data, a sophisticated business rules engine and a carrier-grade OTA platform, SmartManage helps to deliver automated protection to the subscribers that need it most.”
The partnership certifies interoperability for carriers, guarantees automatic updates and proactive mobile protection.
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- Paying Ransom Makes One More Susceptible To Attack: Report
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- Cloud-Based Biometric Authentication Is Underway
- Google Likely To Launch Mobile Payment Service In India
- Dell EMC Looks At $26 Bn India Market, Focuses On JAM
- 7 Mobile CRM Features Businesses Find Attractive
- Decoding The Future Of Mobile App Economy