McAfee takes additional steps to secure the cloud
McAfee has announced the McAfee Cloud Secure program for software as a service (SaaS) providers to add more security to their cloud deployments. The McAfee Cloud Secure program includes cloud security certification services, automated auditing, remediation and reporting, and security credibility.
To provide cloud security certification services, McAfee will partner with leading certification delivery vendors to provide certification services tailored for SaaS and cloud vendors.
McAfee plans to build on the program by leveraging its SaaS portfolio of cloud-based security services along with its unrivaled Global Threat Intelligence network, helping make the broader cloud-computing ecosystem more safe and secure.
Coupled with certification, McAfee also performs automatic and daily security audits, remediation of vulnerabilities and reporting of the security status of their service and network using the McAfee Cloud Secure service. Cloud vendors who pass the daily scan and other checks receive a ‘McAfee Secure’ trustmark, providing credible, third party validation to be used on their solutions and in customer-facing marketing collateral.
According to IDC, 87.5 percent of users surveyed cited ’security concerns’ as the primary issue for adopting cloud-based services. By adding certification and automation, McAfee hopes to provide an easy and efficient way for SaaS customers to gain added confidence in their cloud deployments.
- Despite Potential, AI Has Many Issues To Be Sorted
- Why Blockchain Experts Should Rethink Cybersecurity
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- 5 Steps to Manage An Efficient Innovation Program
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- AI Is The Future of Cybersecurity
- 5 Steps CISOs Can Implement to Enhance Customer Experience
- Top Tips To Avoid Last-Minute GDPR ‘Cramming’
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative