McAfee takes additional steps to secure the cloud
McAfee has announced the McAfee Cloud Secure program for software as a service (SaaS) providers to add more security to their cloud deployments. The McAfee Cloud Secure program includes cloud security certification services, automated auditing, remediation and reporting, and security credibility.
To provide cloud security certification services, McAfee will partner with leading certification delivery vendors to provide certification services tailored for SaaS and cloud vendors.
McAfee plans to build on the program by leveraging its SaaS portfolio of cloud-based security services along with its unrivaled Global Threat Intelligence network, helping make the broader cloud-computing ecosystem more safe and secure.
Coupled with certification, McAfee also performs automatic and daily security audits, remediation of vulnerabilities and reporting of the security status of their service and network using the McAfee Cloud Secure service. Cloud vendors who pass the daily scan and other checks receive a ‘McAfee Secure’ trustmark, providing credible, third party validation to be used on their solutions and in customer-facing marketing collateral.
According to IDC, 87.5 percent of users surveyed cited ’security concerns’ as the primary issue for adopting cloud-based services. By adding certification and automation, McAfee hopes to provide an easy and efficient way for SaaS customers to gain added confidence in their cloud deployments.
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Feb 12-17)
- Why Financial Sector CIOs Should Get On Top Of Machine Learning
- Unnecessary Security Cordons Make Fintech More Vulnerable
- Direct Co-ordination With CEO Can Maximise Cyber Security
- How Fortis Improves Patient Care With Microsoft Azure
- How To Become Cisco CCNA Security 210-260 Certified
- Cyber Security: Challenges And Potential For Indian Businesses
- F Secure Is Growing Much Faster Than The Market
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Feb 5-9)
- CISOs Wary Of Threat Intelligence Accuracy, Quality: Study