McAfee to Acquire Solidcore Systems
McAfee is set to acquire Soildcore Systems. Solidcore is a provider of dynamic whitelisting technology that controls and protects the applications installed on a computer.
The two companies have entered into an agreement whereas McAfee acquires Solidcore for approximately $33 million in cash up front and with an earn-out of up to an additional $14 million if certain performance targets are met.
Solidcore uses dynamic whitelisting to protect against vulnerable or malicious applications and ensure that only pre-authorized software and code can run on servers, endpoints, fixed function devices and mobile devices.
Following the completion of this proposed acquisition, McAfee expects to couple Solidcore’s dynamic whitelisting and compliance enforcement technology with McAfee compliance mapping and policy auditing to deliver the industry’s first end-to-end compliance solution. The integrated technologies are expected to be available through McAfee’s ePolicy Orchestrator console.
The Solidcore acquisition will allow McAfee to extend its reach to ATMs, PoS systems, MFPs, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, mobile, and other embedded devices.
Post-acquisition, the Solidcore team will be incorporated into the McAfee Risk and Compliance business unit, headed by George Kurtz, SVP and GM of McAfee.
The acquisition is expected to close in Q2′09. This is McAfee’s third major acquisition since August 2008. In late 2008, McAfee had acquired Secure Computing for $500 million dollars, in one of the biggest deals of the year. It seems the security services provider feels inorganic growth is the best way to expand its presence in a competitive security products market.
McAfee Launches UTM Firewall for SMBs
No Cut in IT Security Budgets: McAfee
Global Recession Increases Risk of IP: Report
McAfee teams up with HP, Intel, VMware
New Self-encrypting Hard Drives now Available
McAfee To Acquire Secure Computing
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Which Sector Will Be The First To Go 100% Robot?
- Cyber Security Predictions For 2018
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- Stratus Unveils Edge Computing Strategy
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study