McAfee to reimburse faulty update victims
McAfee has announced support and reimbursement to consumers who have had an inoperable or severely impaired PC as a result of the faulty DAT file released earlier this week.
Indian users can call on McAfee’s local toll free support number 1800 425 2454 from 09:00 to 21:00 throughout the week. A qualified technician will attend the call and diagnose the computer’s current status to determine the fastest way to get it up and running. However, if the technician can not get the system up and running over the phone, McAfee will provide users with software that can help resolve the issue. Users can either download the software fix from a working PC connected to the Internet, or McAfee will express deliver a CD to the users.
For impacted home or home office customers who have incurred costs to repair PCs as a result of the security update issue, McAfee will reimburse reasonable expenses, such as a visit to a local tech support specialist. Details of this program, including steps to submit a reimbursement request, will be posted on the McAfee Web site within a few days
Additionally home or home office users whose PCs were rendered inoperable or severely impaired as a result of the security update will receive a free two-year extension of their current McAfee subscription product at no charge. This extension will appear in the "My Account" section of the McAfee Web site within the next 30 days.
- AI Raises Serious Security Concerns, Say Researchers
- How IoT Is Creating Modern, Smart Cities
- Nasscom Predicts Muted Growth For IT In 2018-19
- Study Reveals Why CISO Should Report To The CEO
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- PNB Scam: Some Tech Lessons For Indian Banks
- Why Financial Sector CIOs Should Get On Top Of Machine Learning
- Smart Cars Can Be The Next Big Thing For Indian IT Firms, Says Study
- Unnecessary Security Cordons Make Fintech More Vulnerable
- E-Commerce Payment Market To Reach USD 135 Bn By 2023: Study