McAfee to reimburse faulty update victims
McAfee has announced support and reimbursement to consumers who have had an inoperable or severely impaired PC as a result of the faulty DAT file released earlier this week.
Indian users can call on McAfee’s local toll free support number 1800 425 2454 from 09:00 to 21:00 throughout the week. A qualified technician will attend the call and diagnose the computer’s current status to determine the fastest way to get it up and running. However, if the technician can not get the system up and running over the phone, McAfee will provide users with software that can help resolve the issue. Users can either download the software fix from a working PC connected to the Internet, or McAfee will express deliver a CD to the users.
For impacted home or home office customers who have incurred costs to repair PCs as a result of the security update issue, McAfee will reimburse reasonable expenses, such as a visit to a local tech support specialist. Details of this program, including steps to submit a reimbursement request, will be posted on the McAfee Web site within a few days
Additionally home or home office users whose PCs were rendered inoperable or severely impaired as a result of the security update will receive a free two-year extension of their current McAfee subscription product at no charge. This extension will appear in the "My Account" section of the McAfee Web site within the next 30 days.
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Which Sector Will Be The First To Go 100% Robot?
- Cyber Security Predictions For 2018
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G