McAfee unveils next generation secure web gateway
In response to the overwhelming increase in Web-borne malware and botnets, McAfee has unveiled the latest version of its Web Gateway platform. McAfee Web Gateway version 7 enables secure end-user access to Web 2.0 applications. The platform also enables employee access to authorized Web 2.0 applications, while greatly reducing risk by combining local and cloud-based protection, powered by McAfee Labs.
"Today’s most prevalent threat to enterprises is from zero-day, Web-borne malware," said Dan Ryan, executive vice president and general manager of the Network Security business unit at McAfee. "McAfee provides protection at every stage of an attack, as demonstrated during Operation Aurora, which targeted Google and dozens of other companies. Reputation management is an essential part of that protection."
McAfee Web Gateway takes a bi-directional hybrid security approach that includes a new intent-based anti-malware scanning engine, along with several cloud-based technologies. Integration with real-time McAfee Artemis technology protects organizations against viruses, provides mobile filtering for remote users and expands Web reputation capabilities. Through Web reputation and Global Threat Intelligence, the platform blocks access to infected websites, stops malicious content from downloading and prevents back-channel communication of infected machines.
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Even Minor Glitches And Breaches Can Kill Brands
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation