McAfee unveils next generation secure web gateway
In response to the overwhelming increase in Web-borne malware and botnets, McAfee has unveiled the latest version of its Web Gateway platform. McAfee Web Gateway version 7 enables secure end-user access to Web 2.0 applications. The platform also enables employee access to authorized Web 2.0 applications, while greatly reducing risk by combining local and cloud-based protection, powered by McAfee Labs.
"Today’s most prevalent threat to enterprises is from zero-day, Web-borne malware," said Dan Ryan, executive vice president and general manager of the Network Security business unit at McAfee. "McAfee provides protection at every stage of an attack, as demonstrated during Operation Aurora, which targeted Google and dozens of other companies. Reputation management is an essential part of that protection."
McAfee Web Gateway takes a bi-directional hybrid security approach that includes a new intent-based anti-malware scanning engine, along with several cloud-based technologies. Integration with real-time McAfee Artemis technology protects organizations against viruses, provides mobile filtering for remote users and expands Web reputation capabilities. Through Web reputation and Global Threat Intelligence, the platform blocks access to infected websites, stops malicious content from downloading and prevents back-channel communication of infected machines.
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- How CEO Can Avoid Digital Transformation Failure: McKinsey
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Which Sector Will Be The First To Go 100% Robot?
- Cyber Security Predictions For 2018
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- 4 Big Data Trends To Watch In 2018
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study