McAfee unveils next generation secure web gateway
In response to the overwhelming increase in Web-borne malware and botnets, McAfee has unveiled the latest version of its Web Gateway platform. McAfee Web Gateway version 7 enables secure end-user access to Web 2.0 applications. The platform also enables employee access to authorized Web 2.0 applications, while greatly reducing risk by combining local and cloud-based protection, powered by McAfee Labs.
"Today’s most prevalent threat to enterprises is from zero-day, Web-borne malware," said Dan Ryan, executive vice president and general manager of the Network Security business unit at McAfee. "McAfee provides protection at every stage of an attack, as demonstrated during Operation Aurora, which targeted Google and dozens of other companies. Reputation management is an essential part of that protection."
McAfee Web Gateway takes a bi-directional hybrid security approach that includes a new intent-based anti-malware scanning engine, along with several cloud-based technologies. Integration with real-time McAfee Artemis technology protects organizations against viruses, provides mobile filtering for remote users and expands Web reputation capabilities. Through Web reputation and Global Threat Intelligence, the platform blocks access to infected websites, stops malicious content from downloading and prevents back-channel communication of infected machines.
- Why Blockchain Experts Should Rethink Cybersecurity
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- 5 Steps CISOs Can Implement to Enhance Customer Experience
- Top Tips To Avoid Last-Minute GDPR ‘Cramming’
- Ex-SoftBank Executive Nikesh Arora Joins Palo Alto As CEO
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story