McAfee's IPS Product Gets EAL 3 Certification
McAfee, a leader in intrusion prevention and security risk management, has announced that McAfee IntruShield network IPS has earned the Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) 3 certification for its latest v 3.1 product release.
The 3.1 version is the first intrusion prevention product to be certified as EAL 3 under the Common Criteria Certification. It is recognized in 20 countries and critical for US federal, state and local government agencies implementing IT solutions.
IntruShield product line provides government customers with proactive, real-time protection against zero-day, DoS and encrypted attacks as well as threats like spyware, malware, botnets, and threats that could be delivered through P2P and Skype.
These appliances integrate patented detection techniques, centralized management, unrivaled proactive protection, and flexible deployment in addition to the industry’s highest gigabit port density appliances for enterprises, SMBs, and government organizations.
John Vecchi, Group Product Marketing Manager, McAfee commented, “IntruShield’s extensive certification and advanced capabilities enable organizations to confidently deploy the most accurate, scalable, and comprehensive real-time attack prevention in the industry.”
Security assurance requirements specify that EAL 3 is intended for environments where the risks and consequences of data disclosure and loss of data integrity are moderate. It requires additional integrity controls to ensure that data is not modified.
A Certificate Issuing and Management Component meeting Security Level 3 must include mechanisms to protect against attacks by parties with physical access to the components as well as additional mechanisms to ensure that the CIMC is functioning securely.
- Paying Ransom Makes One More Susceptible To Attack: Report
- Deep Learning To Spur Fraud Predictions By 2019
- Shifting Security Strategy From Breach 'Prevention' To 'Acceptance'
- HBO Attack Sends A Dark Message To The Enterprise
- Why Object Storage Is Becoming The New Default
- Using Virtualization To Enhance Security, Save On Infrastructure
- Infor Teams Up With LinkedIn To Empower CRM
- How HDS Is Betting Big On Data And Analytics
- How Cloud Can Make MNOs Profitable
- Thomson Reuters, NSDL Partner To Offer GST Solution To Enterprises