McAfee's Mobile Security Launch
cAfee has announced a new mobile security platform - the McAfee Mobile Security, designed and implemented specifically for the mobile ecosystem including operators, manufacturers, enterprises, and consumers.
McAfee Mobile Security provides the technology to deploy embedded and after-market mobile security solutions that will encompass anti-virus, firewall, content filtering, anti-spam and anti-spyware capabilities. McAfee’s flagship product is McAfee VirusScan Mobile.
McAfee VirusScan Mobile is said to protect mobile devices against threats that originate from e-mail, IM and Internet downloads, and protect multiple entry points including SMS, MMS and Bluetooth.
It is available immediately for Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 2003 Smartphone, Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone, Symbian Series 60, and Symbian UIQ.
Mobile operators can provide McAfee Mobile security services to their users via pre-install directly on devices or as an aftermarket product via a download directly on handsets.
The platform also provides comprehensive mobile protection from malware attacks to enterprise customers - crucial to enterprises in order to protect corporate data and meet regulatory compliance requirements for data protection.
Currently McAfee supports the PocketPC and Smartphone operating systems with a downloadable version of VirusScan Mobile.
McAfee VirusScan Mobile is priced at $29.99 for a one-year subscription. McAfee is offering tiered pricing on McAfee VirusScan Mobile Enterprise. The mobile security solutions will be marketed and sold to operators, manufacturers, distributors, enterprises and consumers. The products will be sold via subscriptions with the option to renew on an annual basis.
- Study Reveals Why CISO Should Report To The CEO
- Technical Challenges For Implementation Of GST
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- PNB Scam: Some Tech Lessons For Indian Banks
- Why Financial Sector CIOs Should Get On Top Of Machine Learning
- Unnecessary Security Cordons Make Fintech More Vulnerable
- E-Commerce Payment Market To Reach USD 135 Bn By 2023: Study
- Direct Co-ordination With CEO Can Maximise Cyber Security
- How To Become Cisco CCNA Security 210-260 Certified
- Cyber Security: Challenges And Potential For Indian Businesses