McAfee's Mobile Security Launch
cAfee has announced a new mobile security platform - the McAfee Mobile Security, designed and implemented specifically for the mobile ecosystem including operators, manufacturers, enterprises, and consumers.
McAfee Mobile Security provides the technology to deploy embedded and after-market mobile security solutions that will encompass anti-virus, firewall, content filtering, anti-spam and anti-spyware capabilities. McAfee’s flagship product is McAfee VirusScan Mobile.
McAfee VirusScan Mobile is said to protect mobile devices against threats that originate from e-mail, IM and Internet downloads, and protect multiple entry points including SMS, MMS and Bluetooth.
It is available immediately for Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 2003 Smartphone, Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone, Symbian Series 60, and Symbian UIQ.
Mobile operators can provide McAfee Mobile security services to their users via pre-install directly on devices or as an aftermarket product via a download directly on handsets.
The platform also provides comprehensive mobile protection from malware attacks to enterprise customers - crucial to enterprises in order to protect corporate data and meet regulatory compliance requirements for data protection.
Currently McAfee supports the PocketPC and Smartphone operating systems with a downloadable version of VirusScan Mobile.
McAfee VirusScan Mobile is priced at $29.99 for a one-year subscription. McAfee is offering tiered pricing on McAfee VirusScan Mobile Enterprise. The mobile security solutions will be marketed and sold to operators, manufacturers, distributors, enterprises and consumers. The products will be sold via subscriptions with the option to renew on an annual basis.
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- Paying Ransom Makes One More Susceptible To Attack: Report