Member Or Not, Facebook Now Tracks All Your Moves
Facebook customers’ ads would now be visible on third-party apps and websites to everyone who has ever visited its website, and not just to users logged into its social networking service.
Facebook said it will serve ads not just on facebook.com and in its mobile apps, but the company now also has a network of third-party websites and apps that it partners with to display ads. It’s called the Audience Network. The new change will impact anyone using the internet regardless of whether they have a Facebook account or not. However, people can opt out of seeing ads on apps and websites not offered by Facebook, based on their ad preferences, the company said.
In a recent Facebook post, Andrew Bosworth, VP, Ads and Business Platform commented, “While more than a hundred companies already serve interest-based advertising on websites and apps today, we offer a better experience because we care about the integrity of Facebook ads.”
He also mentioned,” Ads are reviewed against our standards and to ensure they are as respectful of people’s experience as possible. For example, we don’t permit ads that include sound unless you interact with them and we prohibit deceptive ads and ads for unsafe products and services. We’ve developed technology to determine when someone clicks on an ad on a mobile device by accident, so you don’t get taken to a website or app you didn’t mean to visit.”
According to Bosworth, these ad preferences also help us show you better ads on and off Facebook.
In the first quarter, Facebook generated more than 80 percent of its ad revenue from mobile ads. The company has been rolling out new features on mobile advertising and also encouraging customers to experiment with video advertising.
- Ericsson Sees 5G Readiness On The Rise
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace
- Twitter Names Sriram Krishnan As Senior Director Of Product
- 5 Reasons For Cos To Use Business Centres For Office Spaces
- Cloud Momentum Consistently Up Across Financial Biz Apps
- Unlocking The Business Value Of Internet of Things [Infographic]
- Equifax Breach: Lessons For Indian Companies
- Decoding The Future Of Mobile App Economy